AK Rifles banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
OP, you hit a home run for a first AK not to mention the collector market. Congrats.

Nice Steyrs hovered around $3 - $3.5K long before the wuflu. $2,500 would've still been a fantastic deal in 2018. Ask me how I know. 💸💸💸
Even better for the OP then! I guess I kind of lost touch with them as I'm resigned to the fact I will never buy one. ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Even better for the OP then! I guess I kind of lost touch with them as I'm resigned to the fact I will never buy one. ;)
I get it. I kick myself for passing up all the $1-2K Steyrs over the last 20 years because they “weren’t worth it.” The good news for Steyr owners is they’re not getting any cheaper.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You bought and probably know a first import Steyr Maadi. These are basically Soviet AKM’s built on Russian tooling in Egypt. Wood stocks are Russian laminate. $2500 was a steal. If you decide to put down a few rounds at the ejection opening, of the top cover where the bolt will cycle and eject the round, place some electrical tape or even better a piece of Gorilla tape on the edge and back say 2”. Otherwise the cases will ping off your receiver cover right at the opening and behind and mark up the receiver cover. Welcome to the village from an old timer. Also make sure you have the tool to adjust your windage left to right and also adjust your point of impact up and down for the front sight post. The ammo you have is very corrosive so make sure you clean everything inside out and sparkling. Use XXXX steel wool pad for getting carbon off the gas end of the bolt carrier. Enjoy your Maadi AKM.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts