AK Rifles banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Yes. It came with the original instruction manual. Bought it so I could use up this:

View attachment 337660

Trying not to.
Trying not to, or not trying to? ;)

I give you the benefit of the doubt as to not really knowing what you have. More experienced members are interpreting your post as, 'Look at this pre ban Steyr Maadi I bought! Let me show it off, but in a way that makes me look modest and humble.'

$2500 is a very good price.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Unless it's 'Like New In Box' and unfired, I'd fire it, but like Bret said, don't use it as a beater.

I was a little shocked at those GB auction prices also, but I also know Steyr Maadis were $2500 before the scamdemic panic.

I'd personally not shoot the corrosive through it, but that's just my OCD. Kind of like running Walmart brand oil in your Ferrari. Sell the case of ammo. No expert, but I'd bet that's steel core (no AP though) and some people will pay a premium for it because there is no more being imported. You might be able to buy 1.5 - 2x as much non-corrosive ammo for what you get for it.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
OP, you hit a home run for a first AK not to mention the collector market. Congrats.

Nice Steyrs hovered around $3 - $3.5K long before the wuflu. $2,500 would've still been a fantastic deal in 2018. Ask me how I know. 💸💸💸
Even better for the OP then! I guess I kind of lost touch with them as I'm resigned to the fact I will never buy one. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts