AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems the world over hates hippies....bring on the hippie drill.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I think most people hate authoritarianism and the db that support it.

As we all know, it takes a real man to whip a girl. Is this what cossacks do when they've run out of Jews to slaughter?

·
Registered
652 Posts
That is complete bullshit. There is no freedom of speech or expression at all in Russia. I may not understand or even agree with another's views, but I respect their right to have one. They didn't even try to tell them to stop; and just started beating them. There was no threat of harm to the police for them to consider using force like that. They put that girl's guitar in the trash as well, no reguard for personal property as well. Those kids most likely had been born after the fall of the USSR (1993) and the cops were probably pretty young as well at that time as well. I think social change is going to take awhile there.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
edit to remove - probaby pushing the line with that picture, ignore

·
Banned
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Well they got the attention they were looking for. It's the Olympics, it's not like people don't understand how that wouldn't be a proper protesting venue. Not saying I condone the whipping of women, unless they are into that sort of thing but I can see how they had a physical confrontation coming. Try pulling that here if we host the Olympics and the police would likely taze people, mace them, or arrest them all the same.

As always I will bring you topics of controversy.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Give a peasant a little bit of authority and he will abuse it .

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
1) they are not hippies, just because you're anti goverment doesn't make you left wing or a hippie,
2) they wanted a reaction to show how fkd up the cops are and the police did not disappoint and fallowed the script.
3) takes a bigger man than I am to have the balls to beat on a young girls like that,a simple conversation would have sufficed.
4)most out grow this stuff and become productive members of society, at least they are politically aware and care what goes on in the world instead of being good little bushbots or obamatons and think for themselves and are trying to change things though not in a constructive way.

Reactions: Khem

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
It's the Olympics, it's not like people don't understand how that wouldn't be a proper protesting venue.
WAT. If you're looking to bring international attention to an oppressive authoritarian regime, the Olympics is probably one of the best venues you could possibly choose.

Try pulling that here if we host the Olympics and the police would likely taze people, mace them, or arrest them all the same.
You've got to be joking. If they did the same thing here, nothing would happen to them. I'm pretty sure we've had protesters that were 100x more vocal at US Olympics, and they've simply been shuttled off or ignored.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I was really hoping to see a bunch of white guys with dreadlocks, wearing tie-dyed shirts or "potato sack" hoodies, who wreaked of patchouli oil and/or hemp based jewelry - getting their asses beat by Russian Security Forces...

No such luck...

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Yeah, Russy Riot has become Putin's personal pet project.
They knew what to expect.

As for it happening in the US, I lived in Salt Lake City during the 2002 Winter Games. There were protestors, mostly adjacent to the LDS Temple property. They were totally ignored and eventually went away.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
I was really hoping to see a bunch of white guys with dreadlocks, wearing tie-dyed shirts or "potato sack" hoodies, who wreaked of patchouli oil and/or hemp based jewelry - getting their asses beat by Russian Security Forces...

No such luck...
here you go

1 - 20 of 64 Posts