1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
13,386 Posts
If memory serves, the flat plate is oldest followed by the floor plate to it's left and left of that again. Tula I believe, but the mag pros on the AKF will positively straighten this out.
Been a while since I brushed on my early Russian Bakelite history.

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
There really is no such thing as special floorplates just for a long top, or ridgebacks, except in regards to the timeline in which they were made. In other words, they transition (like T1/T2/T3 parts, they merge and there's no such thing, really).

Some of the variations you see here are also quite specific and unique to just one factory, as well. Timelines and factory of origin, sometimes both. Anyway,. I'll take a stab, from left to right: Izzy 7,62 , Tula 7,62 (design unique to), Izzy/Tula (early), Izzy 5,45 (unique to), Something cool I've never seen (must be late due to the straight wedged front section), and a late era AK-100/Saiga 7,62.

On brand new NOS mags, it's always best to try and keep their floorplates mated to the parent mag, so you can use them as references. Not saying they are all gonna be virgin, unmucked with originals when you get them, but chances are after you've seen a few dozen (or hundreds) that are, then you'll know more about what you looking at and can spot the ones that were replaced.

·
Premium Member
13,386 Posts
Accurate information I can always trust and believe. Thanks Tantal, now I have to go and dig out some Russian mags. Not complaining, I really like to see them once in awhile....:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts