AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had one for a very short while. My gripe was the barrel extension and four rivet rear trunnion. Seen pics of some with the 6 rivet rear trunnions but never one that was actually for sale. Was hoping maybe they addressed some of the cosmetic issues for the newest imports.

7n6

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

Barrel extension - yes.

Left side selector - no. Right side safety without bolt hold open notch - no. In addition the now more or less correct muzzle device is pinned upside down and lacks the interior blank firing device threads.

I wasn't even aware the real Beryls had 6 rear trunnion rivets till you mentioned it. So mine doesn't. Bummer.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I have not got one yet but the correct safety and muzzle device are easy fixes even thought for over $1200 you should not have to as for the rear trunion looking at the placement could the extra 2 rivits be added by a builder??

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I have not got one yet but the correct safety and muzzle device are easy fixes even thought for over $1200 you should not have to as for the rear trunion looking at the placement could the extra 2 rivits be added by a builder??

The two selectors are going to set you back over a $100 - before installation. Ask me how I know?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I understand I know it will not be cheap but it can be done to make the archer correct. Since you have one are there extra holes in your rear trunion or would the receiver and trunion need to be drilled? I will assume that the trunion is the same as the select-fire beryl and they did not inculde the extra rivits as a way to save money. If any one knows anything else please let me know because this is my next purchase in 2 months. It will be a X-mas present for being good this year. I just ordered my Vepr 1V RPK and need to save up a little more cash anyways..

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
My Archer/Beryl is at the smiths ... getting selectors grafted on. I'll see if I can ask him about about the rear trunion.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

OMG! The back fell off!

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Yes, please post pics when done. I bought an Archer off a member here not long ago but those details really got to me and ended up trading it not long after receiving it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Would you like to give me a hint to where you got that trunion???:roflmao:The front fell off, Thats not normal...

·
1,092 Posts
The six rivet trunnion you are referring to is actually a 3 rivet trunnion, they are 3 long rivets. I read somewhere that there was a small batch imported with these trunions but have never seen one personally.

I got a 3 rivet trunnion for my mini beryl build, keep in mind that if you get the left hand selector you will obviously have to modify your receiver, and engrave it with the proper selector markings.

Shifty has all the parts you need and is a top notch guy!!! Buy with confidence!!

Justin

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
I got mine today, 4 weeks after ordering from IO.

All in all, I am impressed. The receiver even has the trademark Polish "grain"..... Despite its minor issues,I am quite happy.
Can you elaborate on this "Grain?" Unfamiliar with this.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts