AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wanted to know because i found one for sale and the guy is claiming that it has a chrome lined barrel made by CAI ...

·
Premium Member
13,384 Posts
I have had two and neither were chromed. Make sure a z is in the serial #. These were later production without the keyholing issue. Don't know if Century still uses a z on late production.

Note: If the rifle is blued, the breech and muzzle will be silver inside as bluing will not take to chrome. I have noticed of late that every second hand AK or variant for sale is chrome lined...:goof:

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Nope, I have two and both barrels have been replaced with CL barrels as they were keyholers. Great shooters, it's just too bad that Century sent their name to hell from the get-go.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't get the hang up on chrome lined barrels?? I am new to the AK platform but have to wonder did the Soviets and others that made the gun chrome line the barrels?? I would think chrome lining the barrels would add cost and process to a rifle that was intended to be utilitarian and functional.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
I don't get the hang up on chrome lined barrels?? I am new to the AK platform but have to wonder did the Soviets and others that made the gun chrome line the barrels?? I would think chrome lining the barrels would add cost and process to a rifle that was intended to be utilitarian and functional.
Pretty much every country used chrome-lined barrels except for Yugoslavia

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From my understanding non chrome lined is more accurate but when using cheap corrosive surplus ammo chrome lined is the way to go, hence the reason why most countries chose chrome lined vs non .IMO Cheap surplus 5.45 ammo is what attracted most of us to own one of these ak's so if your planning on shooting the cheap dirty down your barrel chrome lined is the way to go...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts