AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DHS CHECKPOINTS begin at Ferry Crossings in Texas

The clip shows drivers being forced to exit their vehicle to allow the DHS officials to inspect both their trunk and hood before being permitted to pass the checkpoint.

“I’ve never seen this kind of deal,” remarks the driver in the clip, who takes the ferry regularly, “We were just randomly pulled over here.”When asked what they were doing, the DHS official responds, “It’s a screening process, Homeland Security,” before asking the man to pop the hood.

The footage was shot at the ferry crossing between Galveston Island and Bolivar Peninsula, emphasizing how the federal agency is now setting up checkpoints between internal waterways that
have no relation to immigration.

LiveLeak.com - DHS CHECKPOINTS begin at Ferry Crossings in Texas

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Someone watched Deja Vu too many times and though it would be a good idea to screen vehicles for explosives (more than likely).

·
Registered
330 Posts
Someone watched Deja Vu too many times and though it would be a good idea to screen vehicles for explosives (more than likely).

THis could have something to do with the radio active material that was stolen in Mexicco recently.

It could be used to make a dirty bomb.

DHS probably scared to crap of a nuclear dirty bomb plot. I think the news alluded that not all of the material was recovered.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
That location is 400 miles from the nearest border crossing at Nuevo Laredo!

·
Registered
280 Posts
THis could have something to do with the radio active material that was stolen in Mexicco recently.

It could be used to make a dirty bomb.

DHS probably scared to crap of a nuclear dirty bomb plot. I think the news alluded that not all of the material was recovered.
Scare tactics. The bozos who stole the truck weren't terrorists, they were car theives. Yet another example of the tyrants running the country never letting an opportunity go to waste to tighten the screws.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I miss America...or at least the America that I was told about growing up as a lad.
I'm no longer sure whether I ever experienced it personally or not.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
In a couple generations, nobody will even know what freedom means. I have friends from Chicago come and visit me every now and then, and they always ask "You can have this?", "Are you sure this is legal?", "Are you sure you can carry a gun like that in public?", "Don't you need permission for that?", "You can shoot in your back yard?".

So, yes, it only takes couple of generations, and it will be all over.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In a couple generations, nobody will even know what freedom means. I have friends from Chicago come and visit me every now and then, and they always ask "You can have this?", "Are you sure this is legal?", "Are you sure you can carry a gun like that in public?", "Don't you need permission for that?", "You can shoot in your back yard?

So, yes, it only takes couple of generations, and it will be all over.
Spot on, we are in the middle stages of the race to the bottom and still gaining speed. So many get turned on, or turned off by the politics that it distracts from the actual issues, then that leads to apathy or bias, which then leads to ignorance (and that's if they even had an interest in our nation in the first place). If your Chicago friends had asked... "Why can't I have this?", "Why is that not legal for me?", "Why can't i carry a gun like that in public?", "Why do I need permission for that?"...there would be hope. I run into the same thing here in my state, they sometimes come from large 'progressive' metros and are shocked at the differences.

·
Premium Member
13,070 Posts
My vehicles have been searched every time driving into California, Las Vegas and up from south Texas. First experienced this in the late 80's and is likely still in place.
The Vegas search may have been halted with the opening of the bridge at Hoover dam, but is likely still used if you choose the road over the dam. Let them have a
look and keep your mouth shut is the best advice I can give. These people take their job seriously!

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Wouldn't the authorities need probable cause or warrant to search your vehicle? What happened to the constitution?

My vehicles have been searched every time driving into California, Las Vegas and up from south Texas. First experienced this in the late 80's and is likely still in place.
The Vegas search may have been halted with the opening of the bridge at Hoover dam, but is likely still used if you choose the road over the dam. Let them have a
look and keep your mouth shut is the best advice I can give. These people take their job seriously!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Where I work and grew up in Meyers, Ca, there is a state agricultural inspection station that sits in the roadway since at least the early 1970's. Vehicles with out of state plates or RV, or trailers, large vehicles are stopped. I have local plates so I have not seen what really happens. The thing I have always wondered is:
If they are checking for fruit flies of whatever, why is the inspection station 11 miles from the Nevada state line. There are also at least 3 different ways to bypass the station. It always seemed very inefficient.

·
Premium Member
13,070 Posts
Wouldn't the authorities need probable cause or warrant to search your vehicle? What happened to the constitution?
The proable cause for these searches was for California bringing in any fruit with insects that would cause costly harm to their crops, Texas was illegal alien smuggling and my best guess
on Hoover Dam was protecting it from any type of terrorists attack. You pull up to these check points, state your business and the armed attendant looks you and your vehicle/cargo
over. California also checks your creditials if in a 18 wheeler, cab card and log, to make sure all fees are paid and log book is current.

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
Those are not probable causes.
They have to have good reason to suspect you, personally of a crime.
It is illegal for the authorities to stop, and/or search every persons car, with no probable cause. This is my grief.

Sobriety check points are illegal too. If the car is driving erratically, if they can see the person in the car acting abnormal, if they spot an open container of alcohol, yes, then they have probable cause, BUT it is extremely difficult to establish a probable cause until they stop the car, talk to the person driving and look inside of the car.
Just because it is difficult to establish a probable cause, in most cases, they resort to illegal stops.

The proable cause for these searches was for California bringing in any fruit with insects that would cause costly harm to their crops, Texas was illegal alien smuggling and my best guess
on Hoover Dam was protecting it from any type of terrorists attack. You pull up to these check points, state your business and the armed attendant looks you and your vehicle/cargo
over. California also checks your creditials if in a 18 wheeler, cab card and log, to make sure all fees are paid and log book is current.

·
Premium Member
13,070 Posts
I understand your point of grief. My only point was to add to this thread that stops of this nature have been happening in our country for many years. I do not like check points due to the waste of travel time,
but they are in place and each state will likely choose to leave them as is. This is old news to those that travel cross country on our roads and we just deal with each states requirements when traveling through
them.

·
Banned
950 Posts

You mean like that warrant they got when they taped all your cell phone calls, recorded all your e-mails, and monitored all your bank accounts?

·
Registered
199 Posts

The clip shows drivers being forced to exit their vehicle to allow the DHS officials to inspect both their trunk and hood before being permitted to pass the checkpoint.

“I’ve never seen this kind of deal,” remarks the driver in the clip, who takes the ferry regularly, “We were just randomly pulled over here.”When asked what they were doing, the DHS official responds, “It’s a screening process, Homeland Security,” before asking the man to pop the hood.

The footage was shot at the ferry crossing between Galveston Island and Bolivar Peninsula, emphasizing how the federal agency is now setting up checkpoints between internal waterways that
have no relation to immigration.

LiveLeak.com - DHS CHECKPOINTS begin at Ferry Crossings in Texas

This is just the beginning ! You have not seen anything yet,but it is coming!
All you have to do is think back to that little Incident ,better known as the Civil War. You know-that one where a so-called

President Illegally and unconstitutionally invaded the
the sovereign states of the south.

All we wanted was to be left alone and be free to make our own choices. But hell no!

It turned out bad! Really bad!

To tell you the truth what is coming will make that look like a

Picnic . A walk in the park.

Think about it !
Do you really trust the Government?, or better yet do you really trust the freaks that are running the this government?

If you do I feel very sorry for you,because you will never know what hit you.

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Don't want searched...drive around it. Or challenge it in court. Best advice I can give. The same people who complain about these sorts of checks are the first to complain after an attack and ask why didn't the "authorities...whose job it is to protect us" didn't stop the attack. That's how we got the patriot act after all... America has nobody to blame but itself. All done in the name of security and safety.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I figure ten years before we have internal passports and checkpoints between the states. The People's Republic of California set theirs up in the 1960s.

"Your papers, comrade!"

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
"The same people who complain about these sorts of checks are the first to complain after an attack and ask why didn't the "authorities...whose job it is to protect us" didn't stop the attack"

I have heard that phrase repeated ad nauseum in these sorts of conversations, yet I have never actually met someone who stated or believed such a thing. Where exactly are these 'same people' that make such contradictory assertions? I don't recall anyone but 'progressives' and sheep crying about being protected after an incident, and they certainly aren't the ones speaking out against these types of checkpoints today. And the ones who are speaking out against them are certainly not the type to demand or expect the federal government to prevent any and every incident via such intrusive means, in fact it's quite the contrary.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts