AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Try spraying WD40, or something like it in the hole. Let it sit for a couple hours or over night. Take a small Allen wrench and press the detent back further to see if that frees it. If not, tap on the side of the sight base with a small hammer. It should jar it enough to come loose.

If that doesn't work, remove the front pin holding the sight base on and remove the detent and spring. They could both be rusted or clogged up with carbon.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
That's what I wound up doing once. Punching the FSB pin out far enough to remove the detent pin and spring. Spring was seized up. Cleaned it, oiled it and reinstalled it. Good to go after that.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Glock Holiday said:
That's what I wound up doing once. Punching the FSB pin out far enough to remove the detent pin and spring. Spring was seized up. Cleaned it, oiled it and reinstalled it. Good to go after that.
+1...Paul I did the same thing on another Norinco I had, Ive had them just pop out after oiling them and shooting them until the barrel gets hot and most the time it will pop up. If not use the method above. I dont think Ive seen one as stuborn as that one turned out being.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hey paul_the_welder Im sorry if I got your thread locked over at the other place. That really wasnt my intetion. The EE mods seem a little over-zelose [sp?]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts