AK Rifles banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a pretty good deal on a used DE in .44 Magnum, Matte Black, with all
the original stuff (manual,extra mag, box) for $699. It is obviously used, but in excellent condition.
Anyone here ever own one? If so please tell me the + or - of them. I have just always wanted one, but never wanted to fork over the $1K+ for the privilege. You see, it is just a fun plinker to help round out my collection. :beer:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Pluses:

You can change the caliber to .50 AE with a simple barrel change and a new mag.

You can get different barrel lengths and add a scope for hunting.

People will think you are really cool.

Minuses:

They can be finiky with ammo.

Supposedly, you can't fire them sideways reliably.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
AKLover_91 said:
Minus: Broken wrist if you switch to .50

Plus: ITS A .50!
Actually, one of the cops I talk to about gun stuff said that they are managable due to the gas system soaking up alot of the recoil

G

·
AKLover_91 said:
Minus: Broken wrist if you switch to .50

Plus: ITS A .50!

Actually, the .50 AE is not bad to shoot at all. In fact, it can be fired with one hand, although I had no control over it like that. I sold my .50 simply due to the cost per round (around $1). After the novelty wore off, I lost interest in the gun.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
My buddy had one that I was able to shoot extensively. I could never hit shit with it and it was rather finicky with ammo. Our other buddy had a S&W 629 and I could nail everything in sight out to 150 yards with relative ease ...

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
I bought the fifty when they first came out, It doesnt have much recoil, not like you would expect do to the rotating bolt, it is a loud fucker though. I bought it for the cool factor kept it for about three years and sold it, buy it for the cool factor but thats it. Theres no other reason to have one IMO.

·
Registered
8,917 Posts
If you run it to slide lock and the BG still isn't dead you could always beat him to death with it. Shouldn't take more than two whacks. :goof:

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you dont own a 10MM pistol use those funds to get one EEA,Glock,etc. Very powerful fun to shoot And reload for . The 40S&Ws Daddy!!!! load hot load em mild Have fun good luck George

·
Registered
431 Posts
They are OK, a buddy has one and I have shoot a few hundred rounds through it. The rotating bolt with torque the wrist at first unless you are really clamping down. I have big hands and I didn't think it was comfortable to shoot. (in .44mag)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts