AK Rifles banner
161 - 180 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
How does one get an ak12 I want one
Pretty much start scouring gunbroker.com and/or WTS boards to find the unique parts.

Childers (also Recreator?) makes a receiver with the cuts for the rear trunnion and with the through hole for the handguard retainer pin.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
There is a massive market for the US made AK platform. Palmetto has proved this. Now if only a group of people could come together with the machining know how and manufacture Forged trunnions, bolts, bolt carriers, and the ammunition to shoot them.

I just wished Palmetto would sell these parts separately, let alone have them in stock. Importing is getting ridiculous, and too many sanctions on Russia has created more problems than needed.

The guys who pull this off would be filthy rich. Throw in the Classic Galil please. Americans, love our AR's, but a great many millions of us, love our AK's too.

I have money saved for anyone making a true proper hammer forged and machined AK 47, AKM, AK 74, AK 100 series, parts that's not going to cost me an arm and a leg. Especially clone correct of the more odd parts like the Tantal, or AIMS.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 · (Edited)
There is a massive market for the US made AK platform. Palmetto has proved this. Now if only a group of people could come together with the machining know how and manufacture Forged trunnions, bolts, bolt carriers, and the ammunition to shoot them.

I just wished Palmetto would sell these parts separately, let alone have them in stock. Importing is getting ridiculous, and too many sanctions on Russia has created more problems than needed.

The guys who pull this off would be filthy rich. Throw in the Classic Galil please. Americans, love our AR's, but a great many millions of us, love our AK's too.

I have money saved for anyone making a true proper hammer forged and machined AK 47, AKM, AK 74, AK 100 series, parts that's not going to cost me an arm and a leg. Especially clone correct of the more odd parts like the Tantal, or AIMS.
I have talked to the forging companies around me in Milwaukee and they won't even touch the parts because there isn't enough money in them. That's why I'm doing billet. I'm testing my 74 trunnion right now few hundred rounds through it. Really it should be fine since type 2 would be the same.

If you really want aks at a more adorable price we need to come up with a new design to make it modular so tons of companies make uppers lowers ect. We need to end user to want to customize them and not have to be smart to do it like ars.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Well I have about 250 rounds through my 74 trunnion it seems good. Little glint happened the first few rounds and it hasn't changed since. Headspace is still has not changed. View attachment 323161
Would it change anything to put a chamfer on the sharp edge? Would it help keep the bolt from riding over the right angle corner and causing that?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
That's what I was thinking but it might have to be a hand finish. Not sure what tool I would get into there with in the machine. I tumbled the 47 ones before heat treat so I'll see if that knocked it down ln those.

Would it change anything to put a chamfer on the sharp edge? Would it help keep the bolt from riding over the right angle corner and causing that?

·
Registered
964 Posts
That's what I was thinking but it might have to be a hand finish. Not sure what tool I would get into there with in the machine. I tumbled the 47 ones before heat treat so I'll see if that knocked it down ln those.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just got mine. Looking nice. Nice and hard. Correct journal diameter. .865-.866. Are the lugs helixed? It looks like they are but I don't have any equipment that can measure that surface properly. Mmm. Nice cold soda.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
Just got mine. Looking nice. Nice and hard. Correct journal diameter. .865-.866. Are the lugs helixed? It looks like they are but I don't have any equipment that can measure that surface properly. Mmm. Nice cold soda.
Yup They're pitched or helixed how ever you want to put it.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Let us know how it works.

161 - 180 of 192 Posts