AK Rifles banner
81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
OCPISTOL is milling his own, I came across these a couple weeks ago and put them up for him.
Heres my problem with that, not 922. Is everything else correct on them? Why are they selling incomplete ones?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Heres my problem with that, not 922. Is everything else correct on them? Why are they selling incomplete ones?
I’m not sure why they have them incomplete
If I had the means to mill them out I would be curious to see how they would work out. I just put them up there because I saw them and didn’t know if you would want to do some since you have the machines. 922 wouldn’t have any effect on these

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I’m not sure why they have them incomplete
If I had the means to mill them out I would be curious to see how they would work out. I just put them up there because I saw them and didn’t know if you would want to do some since you have the machines. 922 wouldn’t have any effect on these
They would need front milling and top only. Fairly easy if everything else is correct.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
So I guess should I start taking orders for trunnions now so I know how many to build my first batch? I am ordering material today.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
They shorted me in material I got 42 blanks ready what should I make, 23mm for 762 for 22mm for 545

·
Registered
151 Posts
They shorted me in material I got 42 blanks ready what should I make, 23mm for 762 for 22mm for 545
I’m my opinion you could probably sell the 5.45 a lot faster they’re going insane on the market right now and pretty much not available and if they are people are asking insane prices for them! Where 7.62 are still not that hard to find.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
It is for the Chinese barrels out there.
oh! I mean id need some new tooling in order to get inside to do the bores. Going from 19 to 26.5mm would be a pretty small tool reaching deep into there.

·
Registered
196 Posts
oh! I mean id need some new tooling in order to get inside to do the bores. Going from 19 to 26.5mm would be a pretty small tool reaching deep into there.
I have read up on people creating barrel sleeves many years ago to use a standard trunnion but I was not able to actually find any pictures or anything.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts