AK Rifles banner
181 - 192 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Well I have about 250 rounds through my 74 trunnion it seems good. Little glint happened the first few rounds and it hasn't changed since. Headspace is still has not changed. View attachment 323161
I think that may be from not lapping the bolt and trunnion before putting together. I’m sure u know but the bolt lugs have a slight angle on the groove almost like a screw. When you fired the first couple hundred shots that lug was probably holding all of the pressure. Now that it’s stopped the other lug is now engaging. Just my theory.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·
I'm au
I think that may be from not lapping the bolt and trunnion before putting together. I’m sure u know but the bolt lugs have a slight angle on the groove almost like a screw. When you fired the first couple hundred shots that lug was probably holding all of the pressure. Now that it’s stopped the other lug is now engaging. Just my theory.
I'm sure that's what it was I was so excited I didn't even deburr it I just shoved a barrel in head spaced and started putting rounds down range.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
So I was going to try to lower my price on trunnions but material costs have gone through the roof. Tools have gone up and frieght too.

Our other buisness making draft beer equipment, stainless steel is ungodly expensive.

·
Registered
328 Posts
So I was going to try to lower my price on trunnions but material costs have gone through the roof. Tools have gone up and frieght too.

Our other buisness making draft beer equipment, stainless steel is ungodly expensive.
The price of fuel plus the US dollar spiraling down the toilet is going to be a bad time for a while.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did knurl the barrel. I'm using a krink barrel with a pressed on sleeve and the sleeve is just a hair to small. I also tried fucking with the gas block before pressing it on so I'm sure that has something to do with it. I should have a new one next week.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
II would love to see some quality US made AK parts at fair prices.

Specifically, I could really use a few US copies of the East German AKM wide loop lower handguard retainer.

181 - 192 of 192 Posts