AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
best C&Rs out there, and whats down the road?

DELETED

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Im a Mosin fan, you get a lot of bang for the buck. (Pun intended)

It would be hard to classify one C&R as the 'best' out there however.

·
Registered
551 Posts
More russian goodies might be on there way in the future.

Supposedly* Russia still has around 10,000 K43/G43 German semi-auto rifles in their arsenal and are waiting for a cheap oppurtunity to send them over. The problem has supposedly been the cost to ship vs. how much they would make off that sale, which isn't much.

They still I'm sure would be less than the $2000 that GI bring backs go for.

Something to be hopeful for in the future. :mrgreen:

Beyond what's left in Russia and East Bloc countries, the shipments will only become less, as eventually all the bolt guns and the few semi guns will eventually be dried up, because after that were the 3rd hole no-no's that we can never own. :sad:

For the Steyr's, very few were chambered for the 8mm mauser round, so those are going to go for much more, and be harder to find. There also weren't a huge amount of Austro-Hungarian guns made after WWII, as you would guess, neither country played a large role during the second war.

And there will never be any shipments of my favorite rifle, the arisaka, as was described on Tales of the Gun the other night about the Jap weapons, most were dumped off in Tokyo Bay after the surrender, so what was brought back by GIs is all we have. :neutral:

-mark

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Seems I read last year on gunboards.com that supposedly US milsurps are going to be coming back into country sometime this year. Garands, Carbines, 1911's,etc...and I'm wanting to say from Turkey???

I dunno as I've slept since then so don't quote me.

·
Registered
551 Posts
SturmGrenadier said:
Seems I read last year on gunboards.com that supposedly US milsurps are going to be coming back into country sometime this year. Garands, Carbines, 1911's,etc...and I'm wanting to say from Turkey???

I dunno as I've slept since then so don't quote me.
Yes, I've heard similar. On the Turkey Rumor it was a few thousand Garands I believe, and the other rumor before that was that South American Countries might be importing all 3 given to them during the cold war, I think everyone was psyched about the prospect of 1911s. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Did you guys see the POS G1 kits that came back from Turkey :puke:

I can ONLY imagine what the Garands will look like. Although, I'm sure I would still buy one :grin:

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
There are G41's and G/K43's in Russia. The problem is the Russians have the internet. They know what stuff goes for here. They are asking around $800 apiece for the rifles. At that money the retail cost would be too high to sell them. Figure around twice that after shipping and customs etc. At $1600 you're getting into the area of non import non refinished rifles. These will all be total mismatched refinished rifles.

BTW all the current crop of Mosins are coming in from the Ukraine.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
G1 is a type of FAL. Sweet weapon. Mine is still in kit form. Everything part has been degreased and parked - just need to finish gunkoting it. I just got my DSA receiver too! :razz: . Here is what it'll look like when I'm done:

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Dieter122 said:
nifty rifles... closest thing I had to a FAL was a South African FAL kit :grin: haha
Get yourself a nice imbel receiver for that kit. ASAP 6 months ago - they were $189 ---> 5 months ago $300 ---> 3 months ago $325---->1 month ago $350 (Bought two at this price :sad: ) --> today I saw one listed on Fal files for 399 bucks! Someone will pay it too!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Fireman said:
The problem is the Russians have the internet. They know what stuff goes for here.
Bingo! Exactly why prices are going up on alot of things including oil. Now that the world has the internet they found out that the US is using 1/4 of the worlds resources. Who would've thought.. :goof:

I think anything over $800 for these isn't going to sell to well. I'm hoping they come in somewhere in the $400-800 price range.

Also I heard that some of the US lend lease rifles were coming back from South Korea as well.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
I think Korea stuff is all back? That was all the 'BLUE SKY IMPORTS' carbines and garands if I'm not mistaken.

2 spots that have potential to return things are Mexico (just basically parts- the wood is deteriorated) and I believe ?? Shit brain fart....

Anyway, those of you that like M1 Carbines - The CMP released YESTERDAY for sale the carbine receivers. The barells they say are junk.
all brands. all different prices. The economics don't work for me. I don't have carbine part laying around.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Dieter122 said:
TravisAasen said:
I think Korea stuff is all back? That was all the 'BLUE SKY IMPORTS' carbines and garands if I'm not mistaken.

2 spots that have potential to return things are Mexico (just basically parts- the wood is deteriorated) and I believe ?? Shit brain fart....

Anyway, those of you that like M1 Carbines - The CMP released YESTERDAY for sale the carbine receivers. The barells they say are junk.
all brands. all different prices. The economics don't work for me. I don't have carbine part laying around.
Blue Sky import rifles are downright DANGEROUS. The Koreans made repairs on them that dont hold up, and are potentially VERY DANGEROUS... run from them like their a disease
:bsflag:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts