·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if there was civil disorder for a long period of time

DELETED

·
Registered
132 Posts
Have you have a chance to read the online novel Lights Out?

A very good read lots of ideas there

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Lights out is a good book. I've read about the first 1/2-3/4 of it and haven't finished it because it was starting to drag a bit. The first 1/2 is really interesting and makes you want to read fast to see what all happens next. I have revamped a few of my idea after reading it.

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
this book was absolutely awsome.............. i was not bored to say the least, even in the middle i liked it!!!! i would say my favorite character in the whole thing has got to be gunny!!!!! i might have to by a copy of this work if i can find it for sale!!!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail:

·
Registered
621 Posts
As far as I know, it has not been in print yet. You could probably download it onto a disk and take it to Kinkos or somewhere and have them print it out.....But its gonna be a long ass print....They will bind it for you too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Lights out is a great book and is almost finished the author is still doing some final editing but soon it might be in print.

You might like Deep Winter and Shatter

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Only own what you can carry, ammo will be currency, if not you can get what you want. Honeslty a good .22 with thousands of rounds is the way to go because you won't run out for hunting small game, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: if there was civil disorder for a long period of time

Dieter122 said:
i sometimes think about...

what if there is civil disorder for a prolonged period of time...say due to war, a massive disaster / terrorist strike, collapse of government, etc...

i know my family wouldnt be budging from our house, as i know my parents would not want to abandon it...

what would you guys do in a situation like this if you didnt have plans to 'bug out' to another location / safe zone?

how would you make your location safe, what steps would you take, what about your neighbors, food, safety, security, etc?

each of us live in a different area of the country, different weather/weather patterns, different environment as a whole (racial makeup of community, different neighbors, different town/city population sizes, different amounts of available water including lakes, ponds, rivers, resivoirs, population density, etc)...all major factors in answering this question with a unique answer.

I know my town has about 14,000 people, we have a canal system literally right across the road, a major highway right nearby, very small PD, 98% or so white population, middle class income (on average, but in my area upper middle to high).... my neighbors are both gun enthusiests, one is a competative pistol shooter, the other a prison guard....train tracks couple hundred feet away....and Albany (major city) is about a 15minute drive down the highway right near my house....we have no plans in case something bad/major happens....only enough food for about a week to a week and a half..right now im 1.5hrs away at college, in a very small college town in the hills/mountains of Oneonta.
In the scenario you describe, survival would be near impossible. You are surrounded by major thorough-fares that are very close to your house, a major city is a fifteen minute drive away, your food stocks are insufficient, you've made NO plans, small P.D., and you are 1.5 hours away........All that paints a very grim picture.

First, in all likelyhood your parents would have already been preyed on by the time you were able to get there. With a major city only fifteen minutes from the house, they will be overwhelmed by all the refugees, and predators, fleeing the city. Though your neighbors have some firearms and training, they too will probably have been "taken out" by the predators.

In all honesty, you need to meet with some other survival-minded folks and start making some plans. You also need to find an area to be able to "bug-out" to, but this goes hand-in-hand with finding like-minded people.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
My God this is this the Katrina/Zombie/Lootie thread? Just shoot as many as you can, eventually they may eat you or steal your TV but you fought the good fight! :smile:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts