AK Rifles banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Shotgun News

Sometimes there's good articles on AK's.

·
Super Moderator
9,412 Posts
That's where my copy of SGN resides......... :grin:

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Small Arms Review

American Rifleman

That's about it.

SOF hasn't been the same since it imploded in the early 90's.

Robert Brown used to have the best damn magazine out there, then things..........changed. :neutral:

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
My head was stuck in a Soldier Of Fortune mag in the 80's and early 90's, then it got soft.......Now I just kinda flip through Small arms and SGN...

·
Registered
881 Posts
The only gun rag I read is SWAT.

Oh, and Glock Annual.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Small Arms Review hands down :wink:
I let my subscripts to guns n ammo, handguns etc. etc. expire couple years ago. To many boring and payed for articles.

P.S. The latest issue of SAR has one of the most best articles I've read in a while. They have a interview with Henk Visser that I found very interesting. Its about him being a nazi prisoner to the development of the Cetme and other surplus arms dealings. Fantastic read. I'm looking forward to part 2 :twisted:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
The only gun mag I read is Varmint Hunter Magazine. The quaality of articles is outstanding, especially on the technical side. There is no "fluff" writing.

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
I read SGN, Gun list and SAR, those are the only three i read. Theres a Barnes and Noble up the street if i want to go in and read other gun mag's.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I pick up what looks good occasionally. I get tired of seeing every magazine jammed packed full of the latest and greatest AR-15 or 1911 every month.

Usually I stick to the internet for information. I'll pick up a Shotgun News every 4 months or so. The ads are recycled over and over each month so I figure 4 months is around the time they get a few more new ones.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I read Varmint Hunter, Shotgun News, and American Handgunner. I have not missed an issue of AH in over 10 years. The writing is great, and the photography is unmatched!! I wish David Fortier would do more writings on Kalashnikovs. He has a passion for them and it shows in his writing!

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
SGN and G&A. (That, since G&A was only $3 more when I got SGN.)

Hey Templar! I thought I was the only one who had a copy of that old movie "The Beast". I got it used from a video shop some years back for 99 cents! Great movie! I noticed that in your signature line. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I usually read "American Rifleman", "Gun World", and whatever else seems to excite me at the time. "Gun World" is sort of amatuerish sometimes, but I like reading Jan Liborel's comments. He seems to be much more candid than he was able to be at "Guns and Ammo".

"Small Arms Review" is extremely hard to find here [70 miles south of Albuquerque]; perhaps I should subscribe.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'm impressed with the choices here...

The run of the mill overpriced gun mags with the latest plastic wonder pistol & fluff on another insignificant sporting arm ARE A WASTE OF GOOD $$$ -that could buy ammo!!!

Lollygagger :smile:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts