AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
As long as the mag isn't in the gun!!!
I keep loaded mags in the car,gun with a lock on her in the trunk.
My NY Trooper buddy says "no problem".
I think a "law officer" would be more interested in my Glock on my
hip then a gun in my trunk.
I'll look for the "letter of the law" for you though.
Now SUCO might have something to add to this,not sure of that.

MRI

·
Registered
474 Posts
In the state I live, A loaded mag gun or not is considered a loaded weapon. Talk about BS.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
i usually keep the rifles in the trunk/back of the truck with the locks installed....mags/ammo are up front (but not super visible) in a locked ammo crate......just don't do anything to get pulled over dieter!!damn kids......

·
Registered
333 Posts
The new Conn. AWB (yeah, we've had a few clarifications and it ain't done yet, I'm sure) requires that you surrender your prints and register your SAR1 with the CT. DPS (a.k.a. STATE POLICE) to aquire a cert. of ownership which allows you to keep your legally purchased SAR1 and you must carry this piece of paper when transporting or shooting your AK-type. The law is clear that the AW must be locked in the trunk and unloaded. If you don't have a trunk it must be locked in a hard-sided gun case, unloaded. I don't see any law prohibiting carrying loaded magazines in your car and this is the most anti-gun state aside from Arnold's California......but it wouldn't surprise me if they get around to it. Wouldn't that be fun, loading all 12 thirty rounders once you get to the rifle range?

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Stupid AWBs :mad: ... I feel sorry for you guys...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Maryland :sad: I can't buy Mags over twenty rounds either.
But... I can own/use them :mrgreen:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Wow... too many retarded states! :mad:

I usually load a bunch of mags and sometimes even load them while on the way to the range (if someone else is driving). The guns are in a case in the back somewhere, sometimes soft case, sometimes zipper. Most of the cops in VA are gun friendly, I have flat out talked to cops about guns and they do not think it is an odd conversation starter.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts