AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
:sigh:

A RC K98 is probably going to be my next purchase. I'm still dreaming about the ce 41 I saw at the funshow Saturday.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
So a "ce" K98 would be one that has been given a "communist enema"?
At least it'll have a clean bore! :lol:

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
In hindsight, I'm a little sorry for the cheap joke Dieter. Not too much, I'm a facetious bastard afterall. But a little.
That IS a really nice K98 in your photo. And it was your postings on Mausers that got me looking at them to begin with. That's why I got the Yugo 24/47 that I bought recently. So please don't stop posting just because I can't control my occasional assinine tendencies.

·
Registered
551 Posts
nice...

I think you have me beat now with your 3 new RC's. I have 2 RC's and one new yugo capture K98.

They're addictive, and more enjoyable when refinishing a mutt like the RC's. They come out nice.

One thing:

you need to get a sling. :wink:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Here's a pic of my old Yugo captured K98 I used to own a friend absolutly had to have it so I gave it to him for a gift

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Dieter, I would strongly encourage/recomend that you do not refinish the rifle. Let me say this, it is your rifle to do with what you want and you have to decide, BUTwhat you have there is legitimate cold war relic. To me they have an honest place in a Soviet/Russian or a Mauser or even a WW2 collection. A lot of guys refinish these in an attempt to "restore" them. I don't think you can turn back the clock by undoing a legitimate Soviet rework and applying an incorrect finish,cold bluing the rifle and adding repro parts. Keep those rifle the way they are and appreciate them the way the are. :grin:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
What you can do is order a sporting stock, use that for use, and then keep the original to put on it while its in the safe.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
I'd give Classic Arms a pass on the ones they do. At least they're picking out rifles that are in really cosmetically bad shape to "restore". Judging from the rifles I have gotten from them so far, they are quite picky and actually understate their condition. So I wouldn't get too mad at them for cleaning up stuff that is too poor for them to sell normally. They have a good explanation for what they do on their site.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts