AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,317 Posts
They are straight back receivers. Also the selector stop spacer on these are a little thicker and will need swapped out with a standar one. Had one of these convert from the GOUCH before he imploded. Very good rifle. I miss mine but had traded it toward a VALMET .223 which I no longer have either. :sad:

Hootbro
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
1st time I've seen a stamped Hungarian with a AK47 safety lever and FSB. I say your plan for it is the best way to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Dieter, there's little differences between the AK47 and AKM FSB and safety lever. Nothing major but just noticed it on your SA-2000M.

Other post '90 imported Hungarian AK's came with the AMD-65 gas tube length. With the gas block right infront of the upper handguard. It would look like the barrel was longer when it was really still 16" and regular AK gas tubes couldn't fit and neither could it be re-worked to accept the bayonet lug. Since it would be too far a distance for one to attach.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I should have bought one of those back in the 90's when i saw them cheap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
330 Posts
Dieter122 said:
No1Here said:
Dieter, there's little differences between the AK47 and AKM FSB and safety lever. Nothing major but just noticed it on your SA-2000M.

Other post '90 imported Hungarian AK's came with the AMD-65 gas tube length. With the gas block right infront of the upper handguard. It would look like the barrel was longer when it was really still 16" and regular AK gas tubes couldn't fit and neither could it be re-worked to accept the bayonet lug. Since it would be too far a distance for one to attach.
ok , but itd be easy enough to just weld on a slant brake instead of the AMD style brake? i dont need a bayo lug or a new gas block really.
Yea, just take off the AMD brake and put on the slant brake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,981 Posts
Dieter122 said:
No1Here said:
Dieter, there's little differences between the AK47 and AKM FSB and safety lever. Nothing major but just noticed it on your SA-2000M.

Other post '90 imported Hungarian AK's came with the AMD-65 gas tube length. With the gas block right infront of the upper handguard. It would look like the barrel was longer when it was really still 16" and regular AK gas tubes couldn't fit and neither could it be re-worked to accept the bayonet lug. Since it would be too far a distance for one to attach.
ok , but itd be easy enough to just weld on a slant brake instead of the AMD style brake? i dont need a bayo lug or a new gas block really.
Dieter,.. if thats 14x1 reverse thread ill trade you a slant break for it or buy it,......i know it wouldent be the correct one,.. but that brake would look sick on my RPK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
Dieter122 said:
im thinking about the following

-converting to high cap
-adding 922 compliant US parts
-switching stockset out to wood
-removing AMD style muzzlebrake and adding a slant style brake

how does this sound?

oh and its good to hear its straight cut :twisted:
That's exactly what I did w/mine, which looked exactly like yours when I got it. Being the long gas system and -47 parts, you got one of the good ones, IMO.

I'd post a pic, but apparently, they aren't online anymore.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,317 Posts
No1Here said:
1st time I've seen a stamped Hungarian with a AK47 safety lever and FSB. I say your plan for it is the best way to go.
FEG was on borrowed time before going under totally a couple of years ago. Their last few runs of postban rifles were made by clearing out the spares the factory had laying around. Not unusual to see both SA2000M and SA85 rifles with both long and short gas systems from leftover AMD-65 parts and use of old Milled AK-47 parts in both the selector levers and gas tubes. All were still quality builds but they were frugal. Global Trades/Armory USA had good contact with the Hungarians and even Jimmy of Global had said no new spares were to be had.

Hootbro
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
Dieter122 said:
wow, I can only hope mine looks nearly as good as that :shock:


nice pic, thanks for sharing.

also any pointers on converting the rifle? what you do for 922 parts compliance?
Slant brake, FCG, floorplates and followers.

I had it converted by Randy @ SledgeHammer Arms. I think the conversion process was pretty simple. Hog out the magwell, remove the spacer, remve the brake, etc.

He said the biggest problem was enlarging the AKM gas block i sent him to fit on the AK-47 bbl.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top