AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
5.45?,....and whats the bule shit?,...from corrosion?,...id send it right into a river if it where mine

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
That bluish-green shit IS oxidation and in the case of brass/copper metals it's also known as verdigris. I'd say that one's a tosser. Although I bet if you wiped it off it would fire fine. Still..........that river idea sounded good. :cool:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
By the way........FYI.......bullets CAN ricochet off water! It's true! Make sure you're shooting into the water (if you ever DO shoot into the water) at a 45? angle minimum. One of those weird but true things............. :shock:

:wink:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Tomovich said:
By the way........FYI.......bullets CAN ricochet off water! It's true! Make sure you're shooting into the water (if you ever DO shoot into the water) at a 45? angle minimum. One of those weird but true things............. :shock:

:wink:
Good advice!

Curious about what exactly happened to bullets when hitting the water, a friend and I fired .223 tracers, and quickly decided never to fire into the water again.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Same thing as what happens when you "crash" while skiing.........you bounce (sort of, or get an instant enema) or when a speed boat crashes. They DO bounce for sure. So just imagine a SPINNING, round, smooth peice of metal going WAY faster than any of those things we know will bounce. :shock: Just gotta get the angle right though and they'll go right into the water. Just look at the movies........... :goof:

·
Registered
621 Posts
its liek skipping a rock and very dangerous. i have shot into water before. But always into a creek or river at a good angle. I have never shot into a lake....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts