AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
k98

Hi,
Check the bolt face for corrosion ring around firing pin, check bore and crown, inspect the stock around the recoil lug for cracks... Right off thats about it.. I don't know if there are some that are more collectible than others?? Even if there are its still gonna have a mismatched bolt, and may have the swastika's wiped as well as having an import stamped into it :sad:
This last batch that I have seen were russian refurbished.. If its one of these the markings will probably be intact :grin:
I would still check all of the above and probably have a competent smith check the headspace.
Hope this helps...

·
Registered
551 Posts
Byf and Bnz (I believe those are correct) are the most popular. I have the long list of codes somewhere, I'd have to look at them. I know they're all posted online somewhere, you'll just have to search.

I wouldn't get anything in the 44-45 year date, mainly because the quality is suspect. For a wall hanger those are even cooler in my opinion :mrgreen:

kind like last ditch arisakas.

Yep, most likely none of the number besides the barrel and receiver will match, but it still puts the value of the rifle over most other mausers, simply because it's German. :mrgreen:

I just picked up another K98 at the fun show the other day, one of the Yugo captures, bore is pristine. :twisted:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts