AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,759 Posts
All of the above, as much as I can get my hands on ... :beer:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,602 Posts
Votes from politicians, to prevent the ban from passing!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
I'd have to go with ammo.

We've seen the trend that legislation and the anti-groups have taken with banning certain types of ammo. It almost happened in Spring '04. I think it is always a good possibility that gun restrictions will happen, but if they ever stop the flow or ownership of ammo -- Guns will bo no good!

I'm always one gun from having enough. But it doesn't matter if your weapon is full-auto, semi-auto or bolt-action, No ammo - No go.


DK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,478 Posts
I started this new philosphy last year when I buy ammo - 1 case to shoot ... 1 case to save. I've accumulated quite a bit doing this. :wink:

I'm a gun pack rat - I stock up on everything. If we had a ban tomorrow I think I would be A-OK. :wink:

I also think whatever ban gets 'signed' it will be far different than bans we've seen in the past.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,438 Posts
I'm actually looking to get everything I need by the doomsday Hillary in 2008. And by need I mean multiple examples of built M4gerys, CARs, standard ARs, AKs (a substantial list of these variants), RPK, and more rifle/pistol high cap mags and drums that I can store. I learned my lesson very well from twidling my thumbs during 1994-2004.

Ammo and gear not so much
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,495 Posts
TravisAasen said:
I also think whatever ban gets 'signed' it will be far different than bans we've seen in the past.
The last AWB they tried in my state would have restricted use of assault weapons only to licensed ranges, and posession to only the home and transport to/from the range. It also called for annual registration (with a fee), and made it illegal to transfer the weapon, except to the police for destruction. Had it passed, it would have effectively made the rifles worthless, as you could not sell them. With the amount of money I have tied up in firearms, it made me think about selling some to reduce my exposure to any future legislation that forbids transfer. While I really want to stock up, a part of me now says to get only what I need.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
i read some where once you should have a stock pile (not your shooting supply that is diff)of atleast 1000 rounds of ammo for EACH gun you have. so lest see i need
2000 7.62x39
1000 7.62x54
3000 .45acp
2000 .22 lr
1000 410 3in
1000 12 ga 2 3/4
1000 30/30

Probaly would not hurt to have reloading supplies for each as well for enough to double this or better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
ptannjr said:
i read some where once you should have a stock pile (not your shooting supply that is diff)of atleast 1000 rounds of ammo for EACH gun you have. so lest see i need
2000 7.62x39
1000 7.62x54
3000 .45acp
2000 .22 lr
1000 410 3in
1000 12 ga 2 3/4
1000 30/30

Probaly would not hurt to have reloading supplies for each as well for enough to double this or better.


If you don't have that "basic" amount on hand, you really need to call Ammoman and place an order.

Most of us carry that much in the truck of our cars. :shock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,478 Posts
Frostbite said:
TravisAasen said:
I also think whatever ban gets 'signed' it will be far different than bans we've seen in the past.
The last AWB they tried in my state would have restricted use of assault weapons only to licensed ranges, and posession to only the home and transport to/from the range. It also called for annual registration (with a fee), and made it illegal to transfer the weapon, except to the police for destruction. Had it passed, it would have effectively made the rifles worthless, as you could not sell them. With the amount of money I have tied up in firearms, it made me think about selling some to reduce my exposure to any future legislation that forbids transfer. While I really want to stock up, a part of me now says to get only what I need.
This type of ban would be my GREATEST fear. This would 'break' alot of investors.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
9,409 Posts
Will probably try and secure a Yugo RPK kit in order to start my Iraqi Tabuk Rifle project.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
57 Posts
Shit that would mean I need

4000 45acp
5000 45lc
4000 40 cal
3000 9mm
1000 357 sig
1000 357 mag
2000 38 spc
1000 44 mag
5000 22lr
4000 12ga
1000 20ga
1000 16
1000 7mm rem mag
3000 7.62x39
1000 222
1000 225
1000 223
------------
40k
Yeah thats not at all how my ammo supply breaks down of course I only have 9-10k on hand. Mostly 7.62,12ga and 45. I don't feel under supplied to bad. Of course more ammo never hurt
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
74 Posts
Problem is, that if you had to dip out you could not carry it all. That is where having some safe spots to fall back to are good. leave Small stock piles in various places.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
What I should get: at least 3 AR stripped lowers, A couple of inexpensive AKs, mags, mags, and more mags. Depending on the severity of the ban: Dope and Beer. stock up on bayonet lugs (lol) if you can.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
I think I want one of them Sig 556 rifles. I don't care for the slideing stock but I like everything else. Sweet AK style action with good controls from what I can tell. WarDawg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
damn I really need to stock up on more ammo and less toys. :confused:

did a count the other day:

2500 rounds of assorted calibers

6 rifles. :neutral:
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top