AK Rifles banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Re: good price, go ahead? SPG over AIM?

Dieter122 said:
Im just curious, this sound like a good deal?

SPG seems to have the best prices, and I want to stock up

i'd buy it. My nagant and mauser need to feed.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Re: good price, go ahead? SPG over AIM?

Dieter122 said:
AKLover_91 said:
Dieter122 said:
Im just curious, this sound like a good deal?

SPG seems to have the best prices, and I want to stock up
i'd buy it. My nagant and mauser need to feed.
I want to stock up for the future....im scared that someday 8mm and 7.62x54R will increase in price or someday go dry as .303Brit has..... I want to be a step ahead of that....I dont want to miss the ammo ship on these calibers...what id LIKE to do, is spend about $500 or $600 on these calibers and do some serious stocking up
Sounds like a plan. I have no doubt the prices will go up when the old surplus dries up, especially on the 8mm since no one really makes it anymore.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
I always BUY ammo now when the price is that cheap :wink: I wish I would of bought more 7.62 (640 round tins 2 summers ago - $44 bucks shipped each)

I Avoid the ammo cans these days-unless I can handpick from the 'funshow'. I got bent over buying 6 Ex condition 50 cal cans - All 6 will be going into my dumpster soon. :evil:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yep, those are good prices. I try to give AIM business whenever possible, just because they're a good company.

My next source for ammo has always been SPG. :mrgreen:

Let me guess, 2 cans of Romy 8mm and one 800rd case of Czech 54r? :goof:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yep, got some polish as well, haven't tried it yet, always liked the czech though.

By far my favorite 8mm is the 70's yugo. I think it's about as close to match grade surplus you can find for 8mm. but it's a heavy 198gr round and a little more expensive. :mrgreen:

I've noticed the Romy shoots considerably higher being that it's a lighter grain bullet. Also, everyone who owns K98 or most mausers for that matter, complain about it shooting high. Reason being (and I found this out recently) most bolt guns of the era were zeroed for 300 meters. So they should be right on for that distance, as the bullet will have dropped enough to be zeroed at that point. Soldiers were taught (I read) that at anything between 0-300 meters to aim for the belt of the soldier. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
They do have the best prices. Are you a member too? If not, join before you order and shipping if free, except for the bulk charges.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts