AK Rifles banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
I've never had to replace a park on my AK......ever.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I clean my guns after a trip to range. It is a habit I got into a long time ago with other guns like the AR , so I do it even with my AKs.

:twisted:

Ron

·
Registered
89 Posts
ya i am afraid i clean after each range trip, if not they all get a good wipe down on the outstide might not clean the bore. depends on the ammo.

Ronald

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I clean after each range trip. It's a habit that I picked up when I wore funny green clothes and worked for my rich Uncle Sam. The thing I like is that it only takes 15 minutes to clean the AK.

ETA: I've never had to replace an part on an AK but I've only been shooting them for three years.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I clean every 500rds or so.

Ill post pics and a list later of all the parts Ive had to replace on my WASR.

·
Registered
714 Posts
The only part I have ever "had" to replace was my Blue Ridge FCG. this has been gone over before but the disconnectors liked to break in half at varying intervals. One could last 2000 rounds, another could only make it to 5.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
The only reason i do clean the AK's after a range trip
is so the dirt from them doesnt get on the other clean guns
that are already in the safe....

KyAKGuy

·
Registered
330 Posts
I clean my SLR-105A1R after time I shoot it. Just a routine thing to me.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Sometimes I clean them, sometimes I don't. I let my SAR-2 go for a long time. Finally cleaned it when the bolt wouldn't open without using my heel. Still fire without a problem before the cleaning.

Never had a part break.

·
Super Moderator
10,329 Posts
I clean mine after every range session. No reason not too since most of us do not live in a third world country.

Only part to break 0f the 25-30 plus AK's I have owned was a Chinese disconnector spring that broke in half on the first 20 round out of the box.

Hootbro

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I clean every time I shoot mine. Things tend to rust around here if they are not cleaned. Plus, I am anal about my equipment.

I've never had anything break in an AK.

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
I always clean my rifles after use ...
Take care of your equipment and your equipment will take care of you ... :twisted:

Anyone else notice the lack of guys on this forum saying they only clean their AK's every 10,000 rounds, LOL ... :shock:

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
I always clean then up in the evening after a range trip. Us ex-Navy guys are often clean freaks.
There's never anything on TV anyway. The guns seem to appreciate it. And if my son isn't at work, it's just more quality time with him while we clean and assemble.
I got a pretty good son. He'll help me clean even if he wasn't able to go to the range with me! :grin:

·
Registered
183 Posts
I clean after every trip to the range. Went today and just got finished cleaning the AK. I figure that if it will last 'forever' being a bit neglected..I'll certainly be well served if I maintain it well.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I clean after every range trip. I have too much $$$ in my rifles to not do so. Like stated "Take care of your equipment and your equipment will take care of you ... ...

The only thing I had break was an Extractor out of a Bulgie rifle and two ea Extractor springs. One out of the bulgie and the other out of a chinese. Now both of these rifles had plenty of rounds through them. Fair wear and tear.... It's man made . anything can break. Wardawg

1 - 18 of 18 Posts