AK Rifles banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
The only important question is do you have something to stop an intruder busting through your door? :confused:

they always seem to come in at the worst time. :sad:

<----- knows from experience. :mad:

know how you feel though, I just sold my only 7.62 to another member on here, kinda feel like I don't belong anymore. :mrgreen:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With your post count I wonder if you'll even have time to miss it. :lol:

413 - 27.53 posts per day

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Re: HELP IM NAKED...as of tomorrow...no 7.62x39s...

Dieter122 said:
as of tomorrow I will be naked of any 7.62x39 AKs.....as im shipping my SAR-1 off (sold it).
I hate to see it go, but...I know it will be replaced :goof:
Dumb move....I give you about 3 weeks (or less) before you are kicking yourself for selling it and want another one to replace it.

Never sell an AK....they are too cheap to not keep.

KyAKGuy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dieter122 said:
Yaaaa I know I post a lot, but I love the forums, and I love talking with you guys. :smile:

I'm just giving you a hard time Dieter. On a serious note, unless you are in a house away from other residences, I would reconsider using any of your rifles for home defense. Do you have a handgun?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dieter, I would keep an eye out for a used shotgun, something simple like a Mossberg 500. You can find them used for $125-$175. Rifles and college dorms don't mix.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
What 'Stick said.

Brand new Remington 870 Home Defense shotguns go for $275 here with an 18" barrel and 6 shot magazine, with synthetic stock.

ANY rifle is going to do a number on walls. The exception is some types of 5.56mm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Frangible ammo is far better inside a home than others. It would still be safer to go the shotty route, but out of the guns you have listed the .223 with frang. rounds would be your best bet.

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Actually the FBI testing showed standard M193 had less penetration in most dry wall than a 9mm FMJ out of a MP-5.

Get yourself a shotgun man.

Get the fuck out of NY and stop whining about it. :twisted:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts