AK Rifles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,409 Posts
Ship the rifle to the licensed FFL holder. You do not need a copy of the receiving FFL in order to ship.

The receiving FFL holder will receive the rifle from you, and then 4473 Yellow Form it to the individual buying it from you. Be advised, the FFL will probably charge a transfer fee.

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
What KF said,you're clear to ship to an FFL holder.If you feel you must verify his info,ask for the first two or three numbers and the last five numbers of his ffl and verify that with the FFL easy check.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
JOHNO said:
What KF said,you're clear to ship to an FFL holder.If you feel you must verify his info,ask for the first two or three numbers and the last five numbers of his ffl and verify that with the FFL easy check.
THis is how Johno and I worked it. Very simple.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I shipped a rifle recently the same way. Just verified the address on EZ check and sent it there. Shipped it out through USPS for the first time during the holidaday season and they didn't even ask to see the FFL. I usually go through UPS and they always ask for it.

As private individuals we only need to verify the address and do not require a copy of the FFL. Dealer to dealer they are required to have a copy of the recieving dealer's FFL on file.

Edit to add: The ATF is now reccomending that FFLs be sent to dealers only since private individuals can now use the new EZ check system for verification purposes. This is to help with fraudulant FFLs being made.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Some dealers are just asses. It's a "File Copy" for Pete's sake! What the shit! Getting as bad as the dumbass clerks at USPS, UPS and FedEx.

Geeeezzzz! :mad:

·
Super Moderator
6,313 Posts
My dealer is the same way. He showed me a memo from the BATFE, about not handing out copies FFLs to individuals. The reason was as above, people scanning one and changing the addy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts