AK Rifles banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not on my 7th week waiting for a Childers Polish pattern AK with serial number I requested to match my trunnion. Originally was told 2 weeks, been emailing them and get the same "Shipping soon" response. Is this normal with them or am I a special schmuck ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine recent was 7-1/2 weeks so bet they're working on yours now. You can log in and see current status.
I finally got a call back and someone explained the process and why the back log. At least its an answer form a real human which was nice. Apparently I'm not a schmuck (on that) just someone who wasn't informed a correct lead time

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I waited just shy of a year for my last Recreator order. My longest wait from Childers was maybe 3 months. It does suck.

These are small shops with great prices and great products I hated the wait, but it was worth it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've been waiting 2 months already after it was only a 1 to 2 week lead time. Everytime I email or call, its the same excuse of "it will ship by tomorrow or Friday". This is coming from the guy claiming to be the owner James childer. I'm considering just doing a charge back and he can figure that shit out. I don't mind waiting if you are honest, but if its just lie after lie, its not cool.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just put my order in last night. I'd never seriously wanted to do an 80%, but then the rules changed, so I've been like "Yeah, I gotta get one of those" for the past 3 months. It'll probably sit in my parts chest unused because I didn't also spring for the $160 drilling jig Childers sells. I'm just hoping I get it before the new ATF rules go into effect...

The wife says my personality type is "Oppositional-Defiant", to which I said "You can't put me in a box!". Guess she's right...LOL.

I did manage to score a couple of 80% AR lowers from MMC, probably won't ever use them either, but at least I've got them. They make spooky sounds at night, especially when the moon is full. Freaking ghost guns...

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I did manage to score a couple of 80% AR lowers from MMC, probably won't ever use them either, but at least I've got them. They make spooky sounds at night, especially when the moon is full. Freaking ghost guns...
That's what my 80% AK receivers do too, after dark I can hear them whisper "build me and kill somebody with me". They have even started to crawl up to the drill jig all by themselves now, so next time it happens I'm going to tape it and send to Biden as proof of his claims. Legal action will make them stay in their boxes, for sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I talked to James from childers last week. Got a usps tracking number last Friday the 17th. Today I checked the tracking and still says it hasn't been received yet by usps. Basically they created a shipping label to produce a tracking number, so I doubt the receivers are done. I should have just went through recreator blanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts