AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am switching gears for a little while from my AK collecting. I am in the market for a new AR. I have heard a lot of good about the Del-Ton rifles. AIM has them under $700.00, does anyone here have one? Has anyone heard anything negative about them? What are the good things you have heard?

Thanks,

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
I am a big fan or RRA. I bought a few lowers and just buy the uppers. No advantage to buying a complete rifle. That rifle doesn't have a chrome lined barrel.

Complete Mil-Spec lower (Stag etc.) $225-$275
Complete Upper $425-$500

You can see the $$$ are approximately the same, but I think you end up with a better rifle. Also AR parts used sell cheap all the time.

If you are planning on adding a bunch of crap to it, you might want to consider a S&W M&P. Their packages with rails, buis, etc are about what you could put them together for.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
You can get a M4 parts kit from them for $465-$485, then add it to
the stripped lower of your choice ($80-$120)

Look here:http://www.del-ton.com/AR_15_Rifle_Kits_16_s/57.htm

This should get you a gun for about $600, give or take a $20.
The are A-1 on customer service when i dealt with them and have
quality stuff.

My Upper and barrel are both DEL-TON and are great. I have run the
upper on a friends FA lower and it runs like a top.
No problems at all.

KyAKGuy

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the Del-Ton AIM is selling doesn't have a chrome lined chamber or Barrel?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
check out CMMG too.

it's worth considering an LMT complete lower and then dropping your choice of uppers on it. 330 bucks for a complete lower. LMT is top quality.

grant tactical has some good deals on AR stuff occasionally.

my friend had a del-ton. seems pretty nice. he built it up as a kit.

nice thing with CMMG is they offer light barrels, mid length gas systems, all their rifles are 5.56 chambers (really the only way to go on a fighting rifle) and 1 in 7 twist to stabilize 77 grain bullets. (works fine with 55's as well)

m4carbine.net is a nice resource. kind of the AKforum of AR15 stuff. beware some of the blind brand loyalty though. the guys there generally make some pretty good points, but there's kind of a lot of "throw it away and buy something from a top tier manufacturer" attitude with certain stuff :roll:

don't forget to get some p-mags. :cool:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Del-Ton

I bought a Stag lower, M4 chrome lined bore, flat top upper, gas tube and all the upper assembly parts from del ton a while back. DPMS trigger assembly from AIM. Rear sight, LMT bolt, phantom flash hider/comp. and stock set from Bravo Company. Assembled it on my coffee table in about an hour. Del-ton has quality stuff, just pick the chrome lined option. If I had to do it again I would have gotten the barrel and upper pre assembled. That way they cut your feed ramps for you. With that said mine shoots great. Never had a problem.

·
Registered
593 Posts
hey. i got a del-ton upper on one of my ar's and so far has run flawlessly (grAnted not a hell o f a lot of rounds through her,but) also their customer services id real good. sory i am fricken hammered but i have nothing but good things to asy about del-ton.; gotta pay extra for chrome lined, thohgh. but fwtw it is a 5.56 chamber.

:lol: i am in idioyt

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have 4 AR's that I have built on Delton parts kits.

2 "Light Weight" kits (chrome lined, flat top-M4 cut and #d uppers, chromed bolts and carriers, M4 dbl heat shield hand guards, and PRI GB charging handle).

And 2 full legnth 20" kits (chrome lined, flat top-M4 cut and #d uppers, chromed bolts and carriers, M4 dbl heat shield hand guards, and PRI GB charging handle).

I assembled them on Essential Arms lowers and put G27 TDI grips on them. They have run flawlessly. The only changes that I am going to make to the 16" light weight carbines, is that I am gong to put "H" buffers in them.

I have an 18" "SPR" CCMG upper on another Essential lower I have put together. I really like the CMMG upper: 1-8" twist Chrome lined Medium heavy barrel, M4 cut and #d flat top, Daniel Defence M4 12" Free Float for-end, Vortex FH. it is very accurate, but it is a little "heavy" for what I wanted. (I wanted a 1-8" twist and kinda didn't realise how heavy the BBL profile actually was).

Del ton is a TOP NOTCH place to deal with, The have been a pleasure to deal with on all occasions..

--->APB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts