AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only that, but it suddenly decided to become burst-capable in front of at least a dozen cops in a rifle/pistol match. In my defense, I did manage to hang on through both bursts and hit steel at 200 yards over optics.

I spoke with the receptionist in Vegas first thing this morning their time, and from the vibes that I caught, they don't want to invest themselves terribly deeply with too much on-them resolution here. I was about to send it back because of issues with horrendous trigger slap anyway, that, and the fact that I ran out of regulation room on the front sight and can't get any closer than about ten inches to zero over irons.

One of the competitors, also a range officer, a retired NJSP trooper who's built a few AKs and is guts-savvy took a look at it, and said that it doesn't look like it was monkeyed with. Essentially, it was as if it managed to bump-fire off my finger from the recoil of the first round, but I had barely taken pressure off of the trigger in the first place. His comment was that it felt almost hair-triggered to him.

At any rate, my FFL will handle the shipping for me and receive it back from them through his books when they're done. My feeling is that I can understand that they may be a little funny about responsibility for the FCG issues, but I'm feeling adamant about the front sight. When you're looking through optics and you can perceive the great difference at 1X between the height of one ear of your front sight assembly and the other, you're pretty much convinced that there's an issue.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Send it back and let Arsenal fix it. Are you the first owner or did you buy it used?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
M4arc said:
Send it back and let Arsenal fix it. Are you the first owner or did you buy it used?
I'm the second owner. I got it last year and have put about 300 finger-painful rounds through it. When I got it, it looked like it had been shot twice and put away. It came with everything but the box.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
When the 105's first came out, they were using a first generation single hook US trigger group, up to that point they had been using double hooks in their milled rifles. Some had really bad slap, like yours.

They would replace them with the new generation trigger groups.

Sit down, breath, relax, you'll get it taken care of through them.

You do know that you can send it back directly to them and they'll send it right back to you, without having to have your dealer do it, don't you?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
This doubling issue is starting to creep in. I've also heard of SA M7 Carbines with the forged fire control groups occasionally doubling if the trigger is pulled very slowly.

Check the disconnector engagement. With the gun unloaded and the top cover off, hold the trigger down, cycle the action and while continuing to hold the trigger check to see if the disconnector is grabbing the hammer with around (more or less) 1/16" of material. Now SLOWLY let up on the trigger/disconnector while you watch the disconnector slide off the hammer. At the very instant the disconnector lets go, are the trigger hooks or hook positioned to catch the hammer with plenty (1/16") of engagement?

I've seen Romanians, Saigas, Arsenals--you name it with improper engagements at one or all of these points. I'm convinced a lot of people can get their rifles to "double" by pulling the trigger slowly and the disconnector doesn't really grab the hammer properly. In other words, if you pull the trigger all the way through the overtravel--no doubling. But if you pull the trigger just until it fires the rifle and stop, then you may be inadvertantly "defeating" the mechanism.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
You should have better luck if you have the single rear flat head trigger guard rivet, and install the Arsenal factory FCG. (It most likely came from the factory this way)
http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?p ... 330&page=1

Shows where it belongs.
http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?p ... 314&page=1

The Arsenal FCG is disconnector designed to use the single rivet as an anti-slap prevention.
http://www.k-var.com/shop/downloads/fcg_flyer.pdf

In this configuration you will not have any trigger slap.

If you bought the 105 used, the previous owner may have removed the Arsenal FCG and stuck you with some crap FCG to save a few bucks. It wouldn't be the first time I have seen this occur, I know of a few board members that have done this.

Hope this helps. :wink:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yes ....you are correct Tango . I also know first hand the person who did the same thing to my 105 I bought from him. He knows who he is.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Yeah i was there at that match. The first time it happened everyone just took notice, the second time everyone was like...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dont worry man Arsenal will take care of it.

Drakin

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
drakinclaw said:
Yeah i was there at that match. The first time it happened everyone just took notice, the second time everyone was like...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Dont worry man Arsenal will take care of it.

Drakin
C.B., no, wait, G.B., is that you?

·
Registered
695 Posts
you really like that name dont you :smile:, someone said it once or twice and it seems to have stuck with ya.

Yup thats me man. and damn it was pretty Humid and hot that day at the range during the match. I gotta get me one of those camelback water carriers.

Drakin

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
drakinclaw said:
you really like that name dont you :smile:, someone said it once or twice and it seems to have stuck with ya.

Yup thats me man.

Drakin
No worries, B, they probably call me worse still.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
I put a G2 in my 105. I like the trigger pull better. I do not remember any slap however. I thought the pull was too long w my Arsenal FCG. Good luck.

You may want to run another FCG like a G2 in it. papa

·
Registered
789 Posts
gun papa said:
I put a G2 in my 105. I like the trigger pull better. I do not remember any slap however. I thought the pull was too long w my Arsenal FCG. Good luck.

That is the route I would take. Arsenal is going to make you pay shipping anyways.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
CJFirefly said:
gun papa said:

That is the route I would take. Arsenal is going to make you pay shipping anyways.
Neither of you are bearing in mind that it was going back for the canted sight anyway.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Veer_G said:
Neither of you are bearing in mind that it was going back for the canted sight anyway.
I was not addressing the canted sight, just the FCG, the slap, and the doubling. As far as the cant goes, "I can't do cant!", I would send it back too. Unfortunately, the days of buying an Arsenal sight unseen and being pleased with it are past. papa

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay, it's in the FFL's hands, and soon it'll be winging its way across the land to Sin City. We shall see what is up.

Is it a given that they're going to stick an Arsenal FCG in there no matter who pops for it?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Veer_G said:
Okay, it's in the FFL's hands, and soon it'll be winging its way across the land to Sin City. We shall see what is up.

Is it a given that they're going to stick an Arsenal FCG in there no matter who pops for it?

Good money say's it's getting one of the new single hook Metal Injection Molded FCG's like they use on the SLR107FR's. :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts