AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any1 watch this? I thought it was interesting when it came to small arms they had the mini-uzi (cartel) vs AK (pirate). the uzi was simply used for stop light drive by while the AK was shot by the pirate, from a moving boat, to human targets at 50 yards & 100 yards. the pirate actually hit the human targets (fatal shots) at both ranges (using semi & small bursts), from a small wobbly boat! that was actually pretty impressive! considering Mike Seeklander could not hit his target from a stationary bench using the springfield 30-06 bolt gun (top shot show)!!!

that's good press for the AK! well sort of.

· Registered
2,501 Posts
its hard to watch "the deadliest warrior" due to the excessive penis waving.

-matt

· Registered
1,209 Posts
I did not agree with the results on this one. While neither side is an actual official army, the "Cocaine Cowboys" certainly have the $ to buy the best weapons available. The pirates seem to be homeless outcasts who use whatever weapons they find or steal. Then I remember what the Russians did to them, after freeing the Russian ship the pirates had captured. These guys should be made to walk the plank a few times, & the piracy would stop. Funny, the show never mentioned the "Columbian necktie" so popular in Miami in the '80's. LOL GARY N4KVE

· Registered
490 Posts
matt85 said:
its hard to watch "the deadliest warrior" due to the excessive penis waving.

-matt
This plus the fact it's the silliest collection of :bullshit: ever committed to film. :grin: This show was especially execrable glorifying two of the scummiest groups ever to shit between a pair of shoes. What's next, pedophiles vs liberals? :confused: :razz:

· Registered
3,582 Posts
I distinctly remember seeing them pull the tongue of the dummy thru the cut neck and hanging it out . Also I believe the "Pirate" was an EX-Somaili Military Soldier, so he likely had some kind of training...I agree about the stupidness of this series, the groups they put against each other is pure rediculousness. I did like the Spetsnaz episode though, The penis waving was mostly on the Green Beret side, lotsa " gonna kick yer ass " talk that didnt happen.

· Registered
8,159 Posts
omega88 said:
I distinctly remember seeing them pull the tongue of the dummy thru the cut neck and hanging it out . Also I believe the "Pirate" was an EX-Somaili Military Soldier, so he likely had some kind of training...I agree about the stupidness of this series, the groups they put against each other is pure rediculousness. I did like the Spetsnaz episode though, The penis waving was mostly on the Green Beret side, lotsa " gonna kick yer ass " talk that didnt happen.
I think that one (Green Beret vs. Spetsnaz) was probably one of neater ones for the weapons but also the dumber ones for the direction of the show.

· Registered
621 Posts
Deadliest Warrior has to be one of the most flawed "scientific based" shows ever.
I only bothered watching the Spetnaz vs. Green Beret, SS vs. VC, and SWAT vs. GSG9, because they interested me, and that was enough.
Their methodology is a joke- they routinely test the two different weapons in two different ways and then draw a conclusion from the results.
Then at the end of the show they have that cheezy computer generated modeling that determines a winner by percentage of "victories".
Then don't even get me started with the dissimilar match-ups. How do you even begin to compare the Nazi SS and VC? How different a fighting force and structure could that be? Spetnaz vs. Green Beret? Very different missions. Sure there's some crossover, but how do you really compare them. Has anyone out there ever heard of US Army Special Forces being trained in using the E-tool as a weapon? Possible, but I never have. Oddly enough, I have heard that the Spetnaz do, but I don't know that as fact.

I know it's only meant for entertainment, but this stuff drives me crazy.
[/rant off]

· Registered
168 Posts
I did like seeing the AK used well on the show. Most of you guys are missing the point of the show though, to me its more about watching weapons bash up balistic gel dummies which is entertaining for me :grin: .

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.