AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The thread was locked before I could respond with a thanks to the mods for answering my question. I understand the reasons for your decision and will respect it. It's just to bad we don't have a place to out dead beats so we can help one another with the information.
If anyone wants to know who the DBB is they can PM me or simply look up my user name on GB and check feed back. They guy had the gall to leave me negative feed back.:D

·
Banned
950 Posts
Contact GB to have them remove the negative feedback. They will also walk you through what to do to get your listing fees back and they will lock his account. They don't mess around much anymore with deadbeats. There is a process though, it takes about three weeks but you have to notify them right away.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've already been in contact with GB. I have to wait four days before I can log a complaint but it's on the to do list. I'll ask them about the neg fb and if they can get it removed that'd be great. I responded to it and his own feedback is enough to back me up.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
GB doesn't remove negative feedback. There is a process to recover your final value fee/listing fees, but it takes a while. Read through their FAQ's. It took me about two months to recover the final value fee from a dead beat buyer.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If it's a big PITA I'll drop it, don't care. It's not a big sum and outing the ahole is payback enough for me.

·
Banned
950 Posts
GB doesn't remove negative feedback. There is a process to recover your final value fee/listing fees, but it takes a while. Read through their FAQ's. It took me about two months to recover the final value fee from a dead beat buyer.

They will remove negative feedback from a deadbeat buyer. I'm the guy that has managed to get SEVEN accounts locked at this point over deadbeats. Now, I am diplomatic in my approach, I never get angry. I offer to let them out of it without negative feedback or any feedback if they are willing to pay the final value on the listing fees. If they refuse to even do that much, then I proceed to get them locked. All their negative feedback is removed by asking Gunbroker over any deadbeat. They lose hundreds of thousands of dollars each year from deadbeats- so they don't mess around. They would rather keep you a good seller/buyer than a deadbeat that drags their website down.

·
Banned
950 Posts
If it's a big PITA I'll drop it, don't care. It's not a big sum and outing the ahole is payback enough for me.
No, it's worth, go all the way, get the feedback removed, get your listing fees back, and get his account locked. Just stick with it. Offer the guy a resolution though, if he pays the listing fee then agree to remove all feedback as well him doing the same. However if he refuses, then get him locked. Don't just let it slide, it's a matter of principle, not money.

·
Registered
8,342 Posts
I think I see the auction, but it looks like it ended on Oct. 31 and you left the guy neg feedback for nonpayment that same day(?)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wrong auction.
But it was the next day. I had emailed the buyer days prior to make sure he understood the auction. His bid was so high as to be ridiculous and because of this I checked his feedback, which was the worst I've seen. I never heard from him. The day the auction ended I emailed him, no response. The day after, no response. I figured I had been taken for a ride, and relisted the item. That's when I finally heard from him in the form of negative feedback to me, still no response to emails or requests for payment.
I may have jumped the gun in some folks eyes but his actions or inaction towards my auction, zero communication, the ridiculous amount of his bids, and the feedback of others for him in the last month told me all I needed to know. I never heard from him about the other auction he won either.
Life is to short to dick with people like him. I have no idea what he's up to but IMHO his account should be removed from GB. It's obvious what he's turned into and I have no time for playing games.

·
Super Moderator
10,293 Posts
Wrong auction.
But it was the next day. I had emailed the buyer days prior to make sure he understood the auction. His bid was so high as to be ridiculous and because of this I checked his feedback, which was the worst I've seen. I never heard from him. The day the auction ended I emailed him, no response. The day after, no response. I figured I had been taken for a ride, and relisted the item. That's when I finally heard from him in the form of negative feedback to me, still no response to emails or requests for payment.
I may have jumped the gun in some folks eyes but his actions or inaction towards my auction, zero communication, the ridiculous amount of his bids, and the feedback of others for him in the last month told me all I needed to know. I never heard from him about the other auction he won either.
Life is to short to dick with people like him. I have no idea what he's up to but IMHO his account should be removed from GB. It's obvious what he's turned into and I have no time for playing games.
Does Gunbroker have defined procedures for contacting after auction?

I know with Ebay, a winning bidder has up to four days to make contact and payment after auction closes. Had what you done been an Ebay auction, the seller would have grounds to file complaint against you. Probably an apples and oranges comparison but if I am reading correctly, you only gave the guy a day to get back with you before re-list and that seems a little premature.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you are right, there is a set amount of time to contact one another. You are also right that I may have been premature. I tend to believe that the end result would have been the same based on feedback alone. My thoughts have been reinforced based on messages I've received from other sellers and forum members concerning this very buyer.
I probably should have waited but like I said, I see the end result being the same. Had I believed for a minute that he was willing to pay the $165 for one and $145 for the other $80 mag, believe me, I'd have given him every chance.

·
Super Moderator
10,293 Posts
I have been in your situation before of not getting the warm fuzzy and jumping the gun prematurely.

I have learned that while it seems people are working in real time when they bid or say they will take it, they are not working in real time in following up with you and it can be external reason besides just being a prick and blowing you off. I know many people bid nowadays by mobile devices and due to both working, home life and getting sleep, they really only have short one time during the day to follow up on internet stuff. So texting and e-mailing these people and expecting real time communications can be frustrating.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I had a similar incident several years ago; I bid and won a Chinese 84S-1 with 6 mags. Sent FFL and waited. Nothing. Eventually my calls were answered and I was told the gun was sold locally(there were already dozens of bids from different people! I know the "basic CEO" of GB and told him). There was NOTHING stipulated about a local bid out. let alone any priority to a posted above a bid-- I sent very negative feedback and the CEO blocked ANYTHING he could respond to to diss me. Toss it off as an asshat looser. Now here's the amusing part. 8 weeks later he calls to say gun is available again with 2 extra mags at the same price. Insert here your own expletives________________!%#&^)%)$ I said your days her are toast and to go rip off someone in his family.

This shit happens when you've been around a long time. :jerkoff::jerkoff:

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, Hoot, you are right. In hindsite I should have waited. If for nothing else, just so I could say I did what I was supposed to. It's something I'll keep in mind in the future.

·
Registered
709 Posts
No, it's worth, go all the way, get the feedback removed, get your listing fees back, and get his account locked. Just stick with it. Offer the guy a resolution though, if he pays the listing fee then agree to remove all feedback as well him doing the same. However if he refuses, then get him locked. Don't just let it slide, it's a matter of principle, not money.
yes just as 7n6 says

1 - 15 of 15 Posts