AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I scanned this photo tonight as well:

I believe the K-500 was barely issued out, if at all before the fall of the wall.
It was the East German version of the RPK-74. The upper handguard and pistol grip were standard DDR plastic. The lower hand guard is standard DDR bakelite. The buttstock is a standard RPK shaped buttstock, however in this photo it appears to be solid wood, not laminate. But that could just be the photo. What I find so interesting about it is the position of the bipod and the fact that you can fit a bayonet onto it. I imagine a good AK gunsmith could take a Bulgarian RPK-74 kit and convert it into one of these. Does anyone have any more info about this weapon?

·
Registered
612 Posts

I've got all the parts to build this except the stock, the bipod mount and the little clip in front of the mag. The stock appears to be hardwood, the bipod mount is like that one for the bulgy RPK74 and the clip???. Anybody got closer or clearer pics???? PLMK Thanks, Artty

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Atty are/where you an AO in the Navy?!!

i saw your IYAOYAS in your sig line lol

·
Registered
612 Posts
Bite your tongue, Navy :lol: USMC 80-85 Ordnance and Marine Barracks.
Semper Fi, Artty

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
p

Stottman's pictures are about the best you will see,there's not much info. or picture's of these 2 gun's.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
might as well be the same thing ;) you worked in marine aviation as an ordanceman?

are you guys as crazy as our ordies lol

·
Registered
612 Posts
heartbreakridge01 said:
might as well be the same thing ;) you worked in marine aviation as an ordanceman?

are you guys as crazy as our ordies lol
Yes, I was a 6521 ordie.
First FA-18 squadrons in Marine Corps VMFA 314, 323, 531 @ MAG-11, I worked on the 20MM M-61A1 Vulcan gun and at Station weapons. I proudly remember our lives revolved around getting loaded daily. So yeah more like off the chain all the time but being stationed at Marine Barracks was even better. Artty

·
Registered
612 Posts
Re: p

caliri47 said:
Stottman's pictures are about the best you will see,there's not much info. or picture's of these 2 gun's.
I was hoping to fab up that bipod mount. but it's detail is pretty blurry maybe some one may show up with other pics. Artty

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Stottman said:
I gave SteveM a pile of photocopys of German magazine articles on the DDR AK production. I believe that there was a pic from the other side. He might be nice enough to try to scan it, but as it was a photocopy of a photocopy, it might not be that great.
Don't have any of the left side of the MPi-AK-74N den MfS. Will try and scan a fuzzy left side pic of the K-500N, it's only worthwhile because it has unique plastic stockset. You have to keep in mind that the K-500 series never made it past the prototype stage.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Any help on the pics would be appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

I noticed that the K-500 uses a standard trunnion not a bulged RPK trunnion. :grin:

You guys are killing me with all these new variations and prototypes.

Mr. Stottman glad to see you arrived safely.

Regards, Artty

·
Registered
612 Posts
Thanks.
Good use for those Kvar RPK 74 barrels with no trunnions :grin: Artty

1 - 18 of 18 Posts