AK Rifles banner

DDR/East German selector markings observation

5K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  evolixsurf 
#1 · (Edited)
I had the opportunity to take these photos and figured the EG crowd would appreciate some observations I made. Only one reference online I found was able to shed light on what was what so I assume the date range was correct.

1964-1968 Flat long selector notch, D/E mark are straight up and down.The D has a flat top and bottom. Center post on the E is shorter then the top and bottom. Finish is a smoother blued type finish. However some of the markings with the features from this date range appear to be the black park with a smooth finish. Heavy stamp style with wide marks, edges of the marking have a slight radius going into the recess of the mark.

1971-1974 Flat long selector notch, D/E mark are straight up and down.The D has a flat top and bottom like 64’-68’. Center post on the E is the same length as the top and bottom. Heavy stamp style with wide marks, edges of the marking have a slight radius going into the recess of the mark. Finish appears to be a soft black park.

1975-1979 Flat long selector notch, D/E mark are slanted.The D has a curved bow shape unlike the two previous styles with the flat top and bottom. Center post on the E is the same length as the top and bottom. Marking method changed and is thinner/sharper cut roughly the same depth as the others. Finish is a lighter gray park.

1980-1986 Flat selectors, vary in length but are not as long as the previous styles. D/E appear slanted but the style of the font copy the 64’/68’. The D has a flat top and bottom. The E has a short center but the marking style seems to be similar/same to 75’/79’. Thin sharp grooves. The ones I have observed also have a number stamped close to the rear trunnion. Possibly a SN but some sort of unrelated identification mark is more likely in my opinion. Finish is a heavy gray park

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Yes, three basic fonts. Glad to see some else that cares.

Not sure on dates. Straight/early - curved and more curved, Rob would know.
Someone here provided one correct italic marking stamp to Riggs. I have a sick 86 rcvr read eye w/those mash markings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.