AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know these guy make a kick ass yugo underfolder reciver,..and in the works for a regular straight stock version,..

but how soon until it comes out?

are the holes on the underfolder version aready drilled/cut?

i ask because i got ahold of a RPK kit,.. and i want to build the thing like yesterday,...

of should i just take a pill and wait?

ohhh,... can someone hook me up with a link to there site?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
They have a bunch of stuff in the works for AK guys right now.
I am sure if Harlan sees this he'll chime is as well.

There Yugo receivers are great.
I have built on 3 so far, including serial nuimber 1.
Everything went together well, with only minor tweaking.
The UF holes are there on that version, and they lined up well.
That is where the tweaking comes in to play.

For the RPK, patience is a virture.
They are on the way, hopefully very soon now.

Go here for more info.
http://www.nodakspud.com/

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet!

can't wait till the first of th month. :grin:

thanks for the link. and you have a im inbound

·
Registered
554 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but in regards to the new AKM NDS-3 I am looking at the features that it does not have. These three things are:

1. No top rail step-down. (What does that mean?)

2. No laser-cut holes to eliminate stretch at trigger pin hole. (I am guessing that because it is fully heat treated this isn't that big of a deal.)

3. No lower left rail mag guide. (Not quite sure what one is to begin with.)

Does this mean I'll have to do more fitting that on say an NDS-4? Or is it still (probably) good to go as is, just not quite as nice (and pricy) as some other AKM receivers out there.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,166 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, those are an over run from some one else. These are for sale now to clear them out. As is stated, would be great for a Romanian build. My guess is they a from Tapco flats, but just a guess.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
These are the pics that MikeNDS posted someplace else. I used another pic server so a least I'm not stealing his bandwidth. :goof:

They look like T-flats to me.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
That looks like the "economy" receiver they came out with. It has the trigger axis pin hole in place before bending which is why the holes aren't round. Also, it has the dreaded S and F stampings. These features are on the "econo" model they recently announced.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Dutchkma said:
If I'm not mistaken, those are an over run from some one else. These are for sale now to clear them out. As is stated, would be great for a Romanian build. My guess is they a from Tapco flats, but just a guess.
The DCI economy AKM receivers (p.n. NDS-3) are certainly not made from TAPCO flats. The NDS-3 receivers are made from ordnance grade 1.0mm 4130 steel and fully heat treated.
Thanks.

Harlan

·
Super Moderator
9,408 Posts
This is the receiver that In Range will utilize to build the prototype Special Edition Rifle...

- Pre-drilled rivet holes

- Fully heat treated 4130 steel

- "S" and "F" selector markings

- "X" and "Y" marks at hammer/trigger holes

·
Registered
74 Posts
BulletBait said:
These are the pics that MikeNDS posted someplace else. I used another pic server so a least I'm not stealing his bandwidth. :goof:

This picture must be before Heat treat. The DCI NDS-3 econo reciever I recieved looks like it has been blued allready, from the treating process. Econo.is a bad word to describe these as they are VERY nice!! The rivit holes line up perfectly on Romanian and almost perfect on a AMD-63. The NDS-3 recievers are a super buy for $55.00 delivered and the trigger pin holes are round with a very slight burr. The picture just makes it look off a little. TAPCO FLAT?? NO WAY!!

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
does DCI make anything for the M-92 Yugo's?

i saw a yugo underfolder reciver this weekend,.. but i would need one without the bulged front trunnion set up

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Bradrock said:
BulletBait said:

[img[/img]
[img[/img]

This picture must be before Heat treat. The DCI NDS-3 econo reciever I recieved looks like it has been blued allready, from the treating process. Econo.is a bad word to describe these as they are VERY nice!! The rivit holes line up perfectly on Romanian and almost perfect on a AMD-63. The NDS-3 recievers are a super buy for $55.00 delivered and the trigger pin holes are round with a very slight burr. The picture just makes it look off a little. TAPCO FLAT?? NO WAY!!
Cool! Thanks for the write-up.
The things that got me kinda worried it was T-flat are the rectangular selector stop and the hammer pins "X" stamp off-set to the hole.

How tight is the carrier in the rails?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Is DCI putting out a version without the F/S markings?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Man those sure look sweet! i cant wait!

might make me get another kit.

Ronald

·
Registered
74 Posts
By the way; The trunnion holes also line up about perfect on the Polish underfolder front trunnions. Thats what I'm going to use mine for. I bought a new Polish laminated buttstock and pistol grip. I preffer fixed wood stock rifles and the Polish AK should make a nice one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
How abouth the rear holes. I've got a Polish UF in the works. I know I'll have to drill for the stock and whatnot, but do the existing holes line up?

thanks,
Eddie

·
Registered
78 Posts
gov-t_mule said:
Not to hijack the thread, but in regards to the new AKM NDS-3 I am looking at the features that it does not have. These three things are:

1. No top rail step-down. (What does that mean?)

2. No laser-cut holes to eliminate stretch at trigger pin hole. (I am guessing that because it is fully heat treated this isn't that big of a deal.)

3. No lower left rail mag guide. (Not quite sure what one is to begin with.)

Thanks
Oh, I forgot
+1? on the above.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lt.Eddie said:
How abouth the rear holes. I've got a Polish UF in the works. I know I'll have to drill for the stock and whatnot, but do the existing holes line up?

thanks,
Eddie
I can't answer that right now Eddie. I only checked it with a Romanian fixed stock rear trunnion and the holes are perfect for that. I believe these are made to fit Romanian kits exactly & they do!
If i find time I'll check it with the Polish folding stock for you.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
TheRealSundance said:
Is DCI putting out a version without the F/S markings?
Our premium AKM and AK74 receivers will not have any selector markings or selector stop notch. They also will not have any pre-drilled rivet holes on the front or rear.

Part #'s will be;

NDS-1 AKM 7.62x39

NDS-2 AK74 5.45x39

Price will be in the $80-85 range, with availability sometime in March.

We will post pics as soon as they come in the door.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts