AK Rifles banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Something I've noticed was that for decades these mass shooters used pistols and shotguns, now it seems more and more are using rifles. I might have missed something or haven't been paying attention, it just sorta dawned on me.

Not arguing but I think these lunatics use whatever they can get ahold of. Charles Whitman used various rifles in 66, Patrick Purdy used a Norinco AK in 89, The DC "sniper" duo used an AR in 02 just to mention a few.

·
Registered
69 Posts
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/08/12/2-killed-46-wounded-in-weekend-shooting-incidents-across-chicago/

Another weekend another bunch of shootings. This time 5 killed, 42 wounded. Where is the outrage, where are the justice brothers (Sharpton and Jackson), where is BLM, where are the democrat presidential candidates?

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/chicago-strictest-laws-violent-crime-rates/

Why are these strict gun control laws not working? Don't they know it's illegal to have these firearms and shoot people with them. It's almost like criminals ignore the law, huh. :rolleyes:

OK, back to whatever event the media decides to sensationalize to fit the agenda.
Well its hard to get headlines when its just the same people killing each other - you gotta be able to stretch it out enough and turn it into a the crazy white supremist - I heard the kid was autistic and a patsy and there were actually 3 other shooters. How is an autistic kid going to write up that manifesto. It mentioned having to use gloves because the barrel would heat up quickly. The kid only went in with 1 mag. The kid went in wearing eye and ear protection you'd get if you were to tour and industrial area. I've never worn eyes and ears like that, if you were hell bent on a mission as detailed as the manifesto went into then why would he go in there looking like a total n00b with only one mag? The shit stinks to high hell.

·
Registered
21,633 Posts
Not arguing but I think these lunatics use whatever they can get ahold of. Charles Whitman used various rifles in 66, Patrick Purdy used a Norinco AK in 89, The DC "sniper" duo used an AR in 02 just to mention a few.
It's the time-frame I'm looking at more closely 66 89 2002 but notice the gap is closing. Now it seems every time it happens they're using rifles as their primary weapon.

I didn't mean exclusively pistols and shotguns, I meant as their main weapon. There have been times when they found more stuff in the trunk of their vehicle (afterthought) or at their residence.(media loves that shit "look what he had ooooooonoooooo!")

Oh dear... I just had a thought. Maybe it's the 100th monkey phenomena or something like it. Enough yay-hoos see rifles being used in these kinds of massacres (thanks media) and it finally just sinks in. It's been well established that long guns are more effective, but it's only recently that they're being used more often. The upsurge of body armor use is also annoying. Again.. you'd think that it would be more of a thing if someone was going to pull off some dumb shit that police will arrive, armor would keep the spree going longer even if suicide was the inevitable outcome. The North Hollywood shootout is a prime example even though that's a bank heist and not a mass shooting. Body armor AND rifles.. illegally modified at that.

Reactions: JeepFan

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
It's the time-frame I'm looking at more closely 66 89 2002 but notice the gap is closing. Now it seems every time it happens they're using rifles as their primary weapon.

I didn't mean exclusively pistols and shotguns, I meant as their main weapon. There have been times when they found more stuff in the trunk of their vehicle (afterthought) or at their residence.(media loves that shit "look what he had ooooooonoooooo!")

Oh dear... I just had a thought. Maybe it's the 100th monkey phenomena or something like it. Enough yay-hoos see rifles being used in these kinds of massacres (thanks media) and it finally just sinks in. It's been well established that long guns are more effective, but it's only recently that they're being used more often. The upsurge of body armor use is also annoying. Again.. you'd think that it would be more of a thing if someone was going to pull off some dumb shit that police will arrive, armor would keep the spree going longer even if suicide was the inevitable outcome. The North Hollywood shootout is a prime example even though that's a bank heist and not a mass shooting. Body armor AND rifles.. illegally modified at that.
Speaking of media loves that shit.

Yesterday afternoon, Philadelphia, shootout between a drug dealer and the police. 6 officers hurt, none serious. One lucky S.O.B had a bullet graze his head.

The media was calling it an active shooter and going back and forth between is it an AK or an AR! Seems to be an AK. And it wasn't an active shooter. It was a criminal who started shooting when cops showed up with a warrant and was in the section of the city where you would go....yep, makes sense!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Well it would appear that a lone gunman with an AR and at least one pistol. The whole thing began with a drug warrant and quickly went down hill from there.
The likely hood that they can spin this in to a win is next to zero.

On a more bizarre note;
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-nationalists-could-have-firearms-taken-under-red-flag-law-proposed-by-kamala-harris/ar-AAFNQpN
Kamala Harris on Wednesday said if elected president she will press Congress to pass a red flag law that would allow law enforcement officials to temporarily seize the firearms of white nationalists that may be on the verge of carrying out a hate crime.
The Democratic presidential candidate's proposal calls for the creation of “domestic terrorism prevention orders” that would give law enforcement and family members of suspected white nationalists or domestic terrorists the ability to petition a federal court to temporarily restrict a person’s access to guns if the person exhibits clear evidence of being a danger.

“We need to take action to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people and stop violent, hate-fueled attacks before they happen,” Harris said. “By focusing on confronting these domestic terror threats, we can save lives.”
If you want to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people, then Democrats should be banned from owning guns. Most of these mass shooting are by people registered as a Democrat.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Something I've noticed was that for decades these mass shooters used pistols and shotguns, now it seems more and more are using rifles. I might have missed something or haven't been paying attention, it just sorta dawned on me.
I won't say he was the first, but the actions of this clown and the reactions of elected officials after is why the term "pre-ban" even exists. Stockton, CA 1989. That was the event that started the whole "uh-salt rahfel" mantra.

The "no ban at the time" Chinese semi-auto he used. He also had a Taurus PT-92 - same as mine that I purchased in March 1989. I had no idea at the time I'd bought what he used.

My 1988-1989 era Taurus. It was my first handgun.

Pretty good article on the event. If there is a cool part to the story it is that one of the boys who were shot survived and grew up to become a pro-gun police officer.

1989 Stockton School Shooting ? Sactown Magazine

To me nothing is better than taking the steam out of a anti-gun leftist than live testimony from a person who survived a shooting event and chose to become pro-gun after. I am one of those.

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Logic is no longer necessary, it's all about feelings. If you point out facts, statistics, FBI data, it just makes you even more racist.
I don't even try with these idiots anymore.
Even during the Revolutionary War it seems that about a 1/3 of the poeple use logic, 1/3 of the people use "feels" and the remaining 1/3 are apathetic, don't think, don't have time to think or don't know what to think. Seems to be about the same to this day. I will say the "feels" crowd is consistently the loudest until they get there teeth knocked out a few times.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
On a more bizarre note;
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/white-nationalists-could-have-firearms-taken-under-red-flag-law-proposed-by-kamala-harris/ar-AAFNQpN
Kamala Harris on Wednesday said if elected president she will press Congress to pass a red flag law that would allow law enforcement officials to temporarily seize the firearms of white nationalists that may be on the verge of carrying out a hate crime.
The Democratic presidential candidate's proposal calls for the creation of “domestic terrorism prevention orders” that would give law enforcement and family members of suspected white nationalists or domestic terrorists the ability to petition a federal court to temporarily restrict a person’s access to guns if the person exhibits clear evidence of being a danger.
“We need to take action to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people and stop violent, hate-fueled attacks before they happen,” Harris said. “By focusing on confronting these domestic terror threats, we can save lives.”
For a couple of decades now our school systems have given little attention to teaching civics and history. That the people backing Harris believe she can accomplish her version of a "Red Flag Law" proves this true.
You're giving the same butt hurt people who complain about your "Facebook" posts the power to limit your First, Second and Forth Amendment rights, because their feelings are hurt.
It's not much of a stretch to say that the Second Amendment was written because of the existence petty tyrants like Kamala Harris.

·
Super Moderator
25,615 Posts
https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2019/08/12/2-killed-46-wounded-in-weekend-shooting-incidents-across-chicago/

Another weekend another bunch of shootings. This time 5 killed, 42 wounded. Where is the outrage, where are the justice brothers (Sharpton and Jackson), where is BLM, where are the democrat presidential candidates?

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/chicago-strictest-laws-violent-crime-rates/

Why are these strict gun control laws not working? Don't they know it's illegal to have these firearms and shoot people with them. It's almost like criminals ignore the law, huh. :rolleyes:

OK, back to whatever event the media decides to sensationalize to fit the agenda.
It sure is funny how shit like that is rarely mentioned, and quickly memory holed huh? If only there was a connection to tie it all together...
13345868741488.jpg

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
I wonder how much of the loonies using an AR is because they realize that they will get more notoriety and more airtime than if they used a shotgun, pistol or a Fudd rifle.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
I won't say he was the first, but the actions of this clown and the reactions of elected officials after is why the term "pre-ban" even exists. Stockton, CA 1989. That was the event that started the whole "uh-salt rahfel" mantra.

The "no ban at the time" Chinese semi-auto he used. He also had a Taurus PT-92 - same as mine that I purchased in March 1989. I had no idea at the time I'd bought what he used.

My 1988-1989 era Taurus. It was my first handgun.

Pretty good article on the event. If there is a cool part to the story it is that one of the boys who were shot survived and grew up to become a pro-gun police officer.

1989 Stockton School Shooting ? Sactown Magazine

To me nothing is better than taking the steam out of a anti-gun leftist than live testimony from a person who survived a shooting event and chose to become pro-gun after. I am one of those.
Anybody else notice on the AK stock it says Hezbollah?

·
Registered
8,029 Posts
Yea I think he did a bunch of carvings on it
Interesting that Hezbollah had only existed 3 or 4 years at that point in time - per wiki anyway.

As a yoot Purdy had been a student at the very school where he committed the crime.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
The Dayton shooter had cocaine, alcohol, and Xanax in his system. He also had mental healthcare receipts with him when he was shot to death. Two of the nine victims were shot by police. The autopsies results showed the police did not cause any fatal injuries.
Dayton shooters friend to remain in jail because he is a threat.

https://www.whio.com/news/crime--law/dayton-shooter-had-mental-health-receipts-with-him-when-shot-death/8Vr9NFKdJbCUg9YMjQKGzM/

https://www.whio.com/news/local/montgomery-county-coroner-release-preliminary-autopsy-findings-today-from-oregon-district-shooting/0BJY5zTtfDRyAtUZkRbYfN/

https://www.whio.com/news/local/friend-oregon-district-shooter-expected-court-this-afternoon/QZcpeDYFCCagpW2y23lqrJ/

101 - 115 of 115 Posts