AK Rifles banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,098 Posts
Sweet! It is a huge base so it does make sense....

· Registered
2,485 Posts
Heard about it, and checked it out yesterday. So far they have a meager selection of scopes, some targets, some cleaning gear, and a large selection of Blackhawk holsters (nylon, and and kydex.) The cabinets look 905 assembled, and they are still waiting on getting the guns in.

· Registered
3,098 Posts

· Registered
3,098 Posts
Glock Holiday said:
The PJ's and Combat Controllers are the toughest guys in the Air Force. Period.
Hate to read that,I was stationed at DM back in the day as a A-10 crew chief.
RIP PJ's
I have met PJ's at DM multiple times throughout the years with my AFJROTC unit from HS. They were always very professional and anxious to show us anything they could. (they were the only guys between Luke and DM that would let us actually hold the M16a2's :eek: ) I have great respect for all of them.

· Registered
721 Posts
1. "That others may live." PJ's have a tough mission and we don't hear enough about them. The underdogs of the SF community.

2. Tucson kicks ass.

3. A-10 + C-130 = great planespotting. I used to live under final approach for DM. Hearing the CF-34 (I believe that is the A-10 engine?) never grew old.

· Registered
2,046 Posts
They built one here at Offutt AFB in Nebraska. Let's just say I've never been happier to be an inactive reservist -- tax free guns? You betcha!

· Registered
3,098 Posts
mrkermit said:
They built one here at Offutt AFB in Nebraska. Let's just say I've never been happier to be an inactive reservist -- tax free guns? You betcha!
do they do FFL transfers too?

· Registered
1,782 Posts
FFL xfer, nice idea, ask!

Lots of my co-pilots are going to DM for HC-130s and EC-130s. Nice base, nice city and great planes.

I will have to check out that BX :)

if no AK person lives there I will get my bud to take pics and email em to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.