AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Borderline C+, B-

I liked the movie overall, don't get me wrong. I felt they were heading down the path of the other Batman movies with borderline gimmickry to the point of totally unbelievable.

The joker was fantastic, perfect. no way to top that.

the motorcycle was stupid. i would rather have seen him on a Kevlar Black Ducati than that thing.

they are starting to do things that ruined it for me, 40 ft falls (walk away) and bending rifle barrels, etc...I can handle stuff to a point but they are really pushing it.

Movie was long, almost too long.

Two Face was good, but seemed hurried into the script. would have been better to stopped his role in the hospital after a glimpse and focused more on the Joker.

I think I liked the first one much better..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,124 Posts
Two Face was good, but seemed hurried into the script. would have been better to stopped his role in the hospital after a glimpse and focused more on the Joker.
Haven't seen this movie, but I've felt the same about previous Batman movies as well as the last Spiderman. Too man bady guys at once, which means too much character development crammed into a short period of time, or, no character development at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep, i thought the last spiderman looked like something Disaney would put out. needs to be darker and focus more on PP struggles. plus he doesn't need to sound all gay as he's swinging around.....waahuuuuu, yippeee..argh!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,182 Posts
I have not seen the new one, but IMO, you cant beat the Keaton/Nicholson combo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,037 Posts
Slinger646 said:
I have not seen the new one, but IMO, you cant beat the Keaton/Nicholson combo.
+1 You said it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
484 Posts
Heath Ledger has re defined the Joker.. I never thought I could say that Jacks the Joker Naturally... BUT this was a Oscar type performance. I agree the Batcycle was LAME.. and 2.5+ hours made my but square.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,938 Posts
i think the bending of barrels was due to some sort of machienery in his gloves
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,396 Posts
I saw it yesterday with my 14 yo. Other than being a bit long, I thought it was the best Batman yet. Unusual for a sequel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,374 Posts
it was good but not quite as good as i hoped.

definitely ridiculous and over the top. ledger did a hell of a job playing an evil but somehow likeable joker.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just_Parker said:
i think the bending of barrels was due to some sort of machienery in his gloves
That's what I watched Iron Man for...not Batman

I want to see a real person. I was actually thrilled for a moment when the "imitators" popped up with rifles and started shooting..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,145 Posts
Thanks for the review. I liked "Batman Begins", but I will wait for the DVD for "Dark Knight." Why do they make movies so damn long?:roll:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,938 Posts
veprx4 said:
Thanks for the review. I liked "Batman Begins", but I will wait for the DVD for "Dark Knight." Why do they make movies so damn long?:roll:
you should go see it, i honestly think its the best movie iv seen all year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, you need to go see it. don't get me wrong, it is still a great movie worth seeing at the theater for the sound and experiance.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,611 Posts
BigAL said:
Just_Parker said:
i think the bending of barrels was due to some sort of machienery in his gloves
That's what I watched Iron Man for...not Batman

I want to see a real person. I was actually thrilled for a moment when the "imitators" popped up with rifles and started shooting..
You are seeing a "real person" - just one who is head owner of a multinational mulitconglomerate with billions of dollars and a vast R&D budget.

I don't think you have room to complain, seeing how the Batman turns in his powered suit shortly after 'bending the barrel' 'because it was too stiff and heavy'. He then resumed using a lighter weight suit (without the power assist).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,037 Posts
nalioth said:
BigAL said:
Just_Parker said:
i think the bending of barrels was due to some sort of machienery in his gloves
That's what I watched Iron Man for...not Batman

I want to see a real person. I was actually thrilled for a moment when the "imitators" popped up with rifles and started shooting..
You are seeing a "real person" - just one who is head owner of a multinational mulitconglomerate with billions of dollars and a vast R&D budget.

I don't think you have room to complain, seeing how the Batman turns in his powered suit shortly after 'bending the barrel' 'because it was too stiff and heavy'. He then resumed using a lighter weight suit (without the power assist).
Ummm... Yeah!



It IS JUST a movie....RIGHT?
I don't think I want to see it if It's going to make me argue with friends over Non-issues.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,611 Posts
davehal9000 said:
Two Face was good, but seemed hurried into the script. would have been better to stopped his role in the hospital after a glimpse and focused more on the Joker.
Haven't seen this movie, but I've felt the same about previous Batman movies as well as the last Spiderman. Too man bady guys at once, which means too much character development crammed into a short period of time, or, no character development at all.
Davehall9000, you can't compare the farcical rubber-nipple-batsuit era movies to Christopher Nolans work. You should watch Momento, Insomnia, and The Prestige as they are all excellent films.

Nolan is an accomplished director and loves this material, and it shows.

Those [censored]s who came up with the rubber-nipple-batsuit back in the day need to be taken out back and slapped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,037 Posts
Wait!?! Rubber Nipples AREN'T Cool? WTF? :twisted:

Momento & Insomnia are great films by-the way!
I own both.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,037 Posts
1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Top