AK Rifles banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range today and took my new Tantal 105 custom for a test drive.
I loaded up a few mags out of the box not paying attention to what I grabbed.
I get out to the range and this one mag jumps out at me. I thought at first it was an Izzy plum until I noticed the (21) on the bottom. I looked at it closer and it is in fact dark brown.
So,what is it? Oddball like the blue mag,mag to compliment the rumored brown Bulgarian stock set or a one off with to much pigment? Will post pics later.

· Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BOO!

Your an expert on the odd colored Bulgy mags,ever heard of one like this?
And no,this isnt another "Green bakelite mag hoax" thread.

· Registered
3,159 Posts
Probably a ((21)) "firebrick"...they're dark brown with a slight reddish hue to them or even a maroon color...definitely different color of brown than the regular ((21)) browns which are lighter colored and plain brown...the firebricks are kinda scarce...there's another ((21)) brown variant called a "saddle tan" which has a kinda burnt orangish cast to it...it's not as common as the regular brown ones...

· Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I remember those mags and the color on this one dont really match any of them. It is really close in color to the Izzy plum,but not as "plum". I'll take another pic tomorrow in the sunlight.

· Registered
673 Posts
fourtfourmag said:
Plum 21? I only have seen 10's, but nothing surprises me anymore...

I agree. Looks to purplish to be firebrick. Supposedly, according to that magazine guide http://home.comcast.net/~shooter2_indy/ak74_mag_guide.html, there is a plum 21 as well but very rare. Military surplus and not a commissioned magazine. Who knows maybe it is just a firebrick with a slightly different shade.

· Registered
1,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pics in sunlight. Mag in question is in the middle.

In the middle...

Next to an Izzy plum. You can tell how dark brown it really is compared to the plum.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.