AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,893 Posts
Sounds like they're looking for other suspects. Might be more than a single "crazy" or pissed off worker....

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
Stuff I've seen for a while says the dead shooter was an employee until recently. <strike>That they're looking for a white guy in khaki and a read beret and an older African American guy in olive drab.</strike>

Link with the ID'd shooter:
Aaron Alexis, 34, of Texas IDed as Suspect in Washington Navy Yard Shooting

Doesn't fit the stereotype of "mass" shooters.

Also says one "suspect" was cleared but they're still not sure if there's an additional shooter on the loose.

·
Registered
4,852 Posts
Just awful, as if the families that are going to be effected don't sacrifice enough already. Makes me sick.

My buddy called Nodak Spud this afternoon to place an order, and Harlen told him about the shooting (he had no idea) and that they were getting a ton of orders today. Ugh. I highly doubt we will have another crazy panic, but what the hell do I know. Only thing that worries me is another 2nd amendment fight would make for a great distraction from the whole Syria mess....

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Not to put on my tin foil hat...............But damn a win in Colorado and days later this. They already have full history on the guy in less than 5 hours , but we cant find out who knew about Benghazi a year later.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
POTUS states he wants a "seamless" investigation on this. Does that have any real meaning?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Not to put on my tin foil hat...............But damn a win in Colorado and days later this. They already have full history on the guy in less than 5 hours , but we cant find out who knew about Benghazi a year later.
+1.... Funny how the information highway works for them....:mad:

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Honestly I can't tell what's random and real vs. a distraction anymore. And if we're being distracted, what from?

Bewildered...

·
Registered
21,776 Posts
Honestly I can't tell what's random and real vs. a distraction anymore. And if we're being distracted, what from?

Bewildered...
We need a good show of presidential strength after that Syria debacle.. so what better than a good ole fashioned mass shooting? Moments of silence.. then the government crackdown on these eeeeeeevil weapons.. laws that will surely protect the people! /tinfoil hat mode

Personally I tend to ignore these developing stories and 'play by play' reports as the race to be first tends to lead to a LOT of errors. We won't know the facts until after things settle down.. and even then I have to wonder what gets lost in the shuffle. I like how they don't know anything, but they can rule out terrorism.

·
Registered
121 Posts
NBC Nightly news said it was an automatic that was used.

Does anyone know if it was actually a full auto or semi??

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
I read AR-15

·
Registered
188 Posts
Read that he was a contract worker there. Brought a shotgun and killed a security officer up close with it then took the officer's pistol and ar before proceeding inside past the then empty checkpoint.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
My buddy works in the next building. He just got home after being locked down all day.
The building this happened in is a secure building, on a secured military compound, in a city with draconian gun laws. Yeah, a few more bans would have prevented this, ya betcha.

·
Registered
21,776 Posts
My buddy works in the next building. He just got home after being locked down all day.
The building this happened in is a secure building, on a secured military compound, in a city with draconian gun laws. Yeah, a few more bans would have prevented this, ya betcha.
The usual suspects already talking gun control... the disgusting bastards.

If anything this just proves that the bad guys will find a way to do their bad deeds. I'm just wondering what kind of background the other shooter(s) might have.. you just dont waltz onto a base...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I just want to know, what the Hell is wrong with people. Why can't they just put a gun in their mouth and end it? Why do they always have to kill innocent people? Like that sick bastard at Newtown. How the Hell to you get to that point?

·
Registered
21,776 Posts
I just want to know, what the Hell is wrong with people. Why can't they just put a gun in their mouth and end it? Why do they always have to kill innocent people? Like that sick bastard at Newtown. How the Hell to you get to that point?
Most of the time suicides are just that.. just taking themselves out. Then you have the suicide by cop where the person basically forces a LEO to kill them via real or perceived threat.

Then you have the mass shooters. Prescription drugs and an axe to grind. Most of the time the shooters wind up dead.. so you can't really ask them for their motivations. Sifting through online content and seized paper documents seems to be the only insight into what drove them.

I wonder if the Newtown Nutbar will write a book.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts