·
Registered
1,938 Posts
kick ass, welcome to the forum :dance:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for the warm welcome - it is much appreciated! I am very excited to be working with CzechPoint, Inc. CzechPoint is ramping up to partner with D-Technik a.s., a Czech Republic manufacturer. We will assist with introduction, marketing, and sales and will work closely with retail gun stores as well as with other distributors in support of our products. As you probably know, the two firearms currently manufactured by D-Technik are the Sa vz. 58 rifle and the Sa vz. 61 Scorpion. It is our mission to provide high quality products with excellent customer service.

I have been a firearms enthusiast for years (specifically military-type firearms), and I find myself very fortunate to be a part of this endeavor. Firearms are a passion of mine and I am excited to have this opportunity to work with others who share my interests.

Our website is under construction, and I will post the link once it is live. As more information becomes available, I will keep you posted. If you have questions, feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer them.

Thank you.
Dan Brown
CzechPoint, Inc.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
How about Vz58's in other calibers such as 5.45x39, or 5.56x45? Parts for the Vz, such as the new composite furniture? 5 and 10 round magazines? Thank you and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rbthntr64,
Thank you for the welcome. We are currently working on designing the rifle in a couple of different calibers. I don't want to get into details as I'd hate to mention something that does not happen for a while. We will also be testing black furniture in certain markets by way of on site sales visits and receiving consumer feedback from retail gunshops. CzechPoint wants to ensure there is sufficient demand for a higher priced rifle with composite furniture before we commit to it.

We do have a vz. 58 rifle that takes 10 round mags only. As for double stack magazines that are 5 and 10 rounds, I doubt we will offer it. Reason: perceived slow sales and the added expense of designing and manufacturing the molds for the mags. Don't get me wrong, if there is enough demand for anything we will look at offering it.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Dan - as the VZ offering is from D-Technik? Will these rifles have the same US Mfg. PLASTIC trigger as the TGI imports?

·
Registered
407 Posts
How about accessories for the VZ58,like the bipods,bayonets,mags,pouches,etc?-the only other place that you can get these from right now is Marstar in Canada,and is a bit expensive,how about it? :grin:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
These are all lovely... but what we DESPERATELY need is a four piece black plastic US made stock set (U/L HG, Pistol Grip, Stock).

All current offerings of the VZ58 (except ORFS) require disposal of critical Czech quality parts, and substitution of inferior, and potentially dangerous, US quick fixes. A simple black plastic US stock set in original Czech fixed stock configuration would allow us to stop choosing between safety and 922R compliance.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trotsky,
US made furniture is something we will consider in the future. What is "potentially dangerous" about our US Made parts? I'm having a very difficult time trying to figure that out.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Dan,
I have heard "rumour" that the rifles have a potential to slamfire, although I don't know of any verified instance. I have a friend that uses on of the Cz58's as his patrol rifle in the course of his duties as a Police Chief. He has hunderds, posibly thousands of rounds down the pipe without one failure. I think many do not like the fact that the trigger is plastic, and would prefer a steel one. I the injection mold is made for the plastic one, possibly another could be made for an investment cast steel trigger. JMO

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rbthntr64,
I'm not aware of any issues regarding a slam fire. This is the first I've heard of it. I agree, it appears people would prefer steel over the plastic trigger. That is something we will be looking into.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Dan, I said "ALL current offerings" ... not pointing out your version of the VZ.

A little history - I've actually been in email contact with D-Technik since the TGI VZ58's hit the US. They are clearly VERY concerned about VZ quality... but are sort of stuck with using certain parts, made in the US, in order to satisfy 922R regulations. I suspect that they really don't LIKE these parts, as they are made of plastic - prone to breakage. That would be the US Trigger component.

There is a solution.

D-Technik rifles arrive with original Czech Gas Pistons. There are now folks in the US MAKING these... and if D-Technik were supplied with them? They would be able to use original Czech STEEL triggers, eliminating plastic components.

Better, if someone were to make a US Black Plastic Stock set? D-Technik would be able to use this for 3 US 922R parts, using a US Piston, Sear(existing), and disconnector(existing) to give you a compliant 922R offering that could use original Czech Surplus mags - no silly followers or floorplates :)

...and because YOUR rifle could do this? You would be able to get premium prices for it :)

So, Dan? I'm not bitching :) I'm actually working to find you a way to make more money :) You have an opportunity to import D-Technik quality without making the errors that TGI did :)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Trotsky,
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not aware of any plastic triggers breaking, but I've been informed that there have been three separate people with issues where the pin slid out of place due to improper assembly. This caused the US Made triggers to malfunction. This was easily corrected, but should not have happened in the first place. I am now in regular contact with the vendor who is making our rifles 922(r) compliant - so if an issue arises, I make an immediate phone call or visit to discuss.

We would also like to provide US Made furniture and will research this option through feedback from marketing. Before D-TECHNIK will add the expense of purchasing molds, they want to ensure there are sufficient people (like yourself) who will pay a higher price for the rifle with US Made furniture. We're on it, but it'll take a little time to confirm. I think it will be viable, but we gotta do our research.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Trotsky said:
Dan, I said "ALL current offerings" ... not pointing out your version of the VZ.

A little history - I've actually been in email contact with D-Technik since the TGI VZ58's hit the US. They are clearly VERY concerned about VZ quality... but are sort of stuck with using certain parts, made in the US, in order to satisfy 922R regulations. I suspect that they really don't LIKE these parts, as they are made of plastic - prone to breakage. That would be the US Trigger component.

There is a solution.

D-Technik rifles arrive with original Czech Gas Pistons. There are now folks in the US MAKING these... and if D-Technik were supplied with them? They would be able to use original Czech STEEL triggers, eliminating plastic components.

Better, if someone were to make a US Black Plastic Stock set? D-Technik would be able to use this for 3 US 922R parts, using a US Piston, Sear(existing), and disconnector(existing) to give you a compliant 922R offering that could use original Czech Surplus mags - no silly followers or floorplates :)

...and because YOUR rifle could do this? You would be able to get premium prices for it :)

So, Dan? I'm not bitching :) I'm actually working to find you a way to make more money :) You have an opportunity to import D-Technik quality without making the errors that TGI did :)
Wow! in e-mail contact with D-Technik? Who is your contact there? How can I contact them?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Dan? D-TECHNIK could choke up for the molds... but I think there may be a better option :)

Consider contacting KVAR in Vegas... here's the deal: THEY make the US furniture. Now, there is no way they would do this UNLESS the potential for a large order materialized. But once the molds were done? They could also offer the same parts as retrofits to the existing crop of TGI rifles. Two markets for them, you avoid the VERY expensive Mold issue, and you get material proven & known to the existing AK world.

...no - I don't have any KVAR stock :) I just suspect that, as the availability of Bulgarian products continues to diminish for them? They might welcome a new market opportunity :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts