Discussion Starter #1
I picked up the lower today.
No fitting of my parts were needed.
Assembly was easy.
Anyone else build one of these?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Thats pretty neat - I didnt even know anyone was building these things.

I read an article on them in SGN awhile back. It was pretty interesting. Is there a way to attach the wire stock? I know youd have to SBR it, but I think it would be pretty cool!

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SVT said:
Thats pretty neat - I didnt even know anyone was building these things.

I read an article on them in SGN awhile back. It was pretty interesting. Is there a way to attach the wire stock? I know youd have to SBR it, but I think it would be pretty cool!
You just have cut the dovetail slot to install the folding stock.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is a Czech V61 SMG parts kit on a semi lower.
Right now I do not know of a source for the V61 parts kits.
But the kits are out there.
Several places were selling the kits last year @$200 ea.

The lower is steel with a blue finish.
It is made in the USA by RT Mfg. 847-487-7562
Call for details and price.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Give us a reliability report with that little sucker. The one I shot was FUN as hell, but not so reliable.

I'd buy & build one in a heartbeat, though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I handled a couple of the receivers the other day that were being transfered at a local shop. They looked very good, the outside was a rough, but nothing that I would be mad about. The price tag on the ones I saw was $645.00/each. Ouch!!

Mike

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are some more pics.
A pic of the trigger group minus the auto sear.
Also a pic of the folding stock in place but it is not attached in the rear.

·
Premium Member
7,602 Posts
Cool!

Too bad you can't legally atach the stock...silly Federal laws!

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
Timkel you are the man, I built a de-milled RPG-7 about 6 years back after you posted a thread over on gunsnet of the one you built. Now I'm getting a hankering to build this little bugger :grin:

Just looking at it, it appears that everything is pinned in place. So am I correct in saying that very little tools were used? It doesn't look like any rivets or welding is used.

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Caligula said:
Timkel you are the man, I built a de-milled RPG-7 about 6 years back after you posted a thread over on gunsnet of the one you built. Now I'm getting a hankering to build this little bugger :grin:

Just looking at it, it appears that everything is pinned in place. So am I correct in saying that very little tools were used? It doesn't look like any rivets or welding is used.
Thanks. Yes the RPG-7 builds turned out nice.

Yes its a lot like a M16 lower. The parts are held in place with spring loaded pins. A small screwdriver, pin punch, ect is all you really need.
A grinder is needed if you choose to neuter the hammer and disconnecter(optional).
No welding or rivets needed to build.
All my parts fit perfectly.

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
Thanks Timkel, that looks like something I could do. I'm not very mechanically inclined when it comes to builds, but for something that goes together pretty much like a AR/M16 lower I can handle that. Now all I need to do is to find a kit.

one last question, is it pretty stright forward on how to put it together, or do you need a scematic?

·
Banned
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Caligula said:
Thanks Timkel, that looks like something I could do. I'm not very mechanically inclined when it comes to builds, but for something that goes together pretty much like a AR/M16 lower I can handle that. Now all I need to do is to find a kit.

one last question, is it pretty stright forward on how to put it together, or do you need a scematic?
The above pics will help.
These pics also helped me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts