AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RTG had a few of these, so I decided to snag one before they were gone, because I've never seen this style from the Czechs before. I'll post a few pics when it gets here, and I was lucky to get mine, because it seems either I got the last one, or at least one of the last RTG had in stock.
Supposedly, they will work with VZ58, AK, or AR mags, so I'll see how true it is. Normally I don't care for vests, but I could not pass on the price. Anyone else here grab one of these?

Reactions: gmac321 and Mercs

·
Registered
138 Posts
RTG had a few of these, so I decided to snag one before they were gone, because I've never seen this style from the Czechs before. I'll post a few pics when it gets here, and I was lucky to get mine, because it seems either I got the last one, or at least one of the last RTG had in stock.
Supposedly, they will work with VZ58, AK, or AR mags, so I'll see how true it is. Normally I don't care for vests, but I could not pass on the price. Anyone else here grab one of these?
I was going to, with all those pouches it was a great price! I didn’t not expect them to sell so fast and missed out, unfortunately. That was the first time I’ve seen those for sale. Great buy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
25,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what attracted me as well, and I was also surprised these sold out in just a few days. I may die mine...

·
Registered
138 Posts
They just got a forest camo version in stock. I grabbed one of them along with a belt kit. They also have a desert camo belt kit to match your vest. You know you can’t resist lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Got the woodland version couple years ago. They do fit AR and AK mags and of course VZs.

The one I have is extra reinforced and is also a belay/repel device although it has been used and should probably not be used for this purpose.

Czech all the pockets for goodies. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
25,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The belt kit sold out already. Got the vest yesterday, and was very pleased at the quality. More pics today when I figure out what pistol that internal holster is for.

·
Super Moderator
25,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the pics. I can say these are very well made, and scream quality, and are also quite adjustable. I'm going to dig some different mags out later and see what fits, and what doesn't. I have no idea what pistol was meant for that holster, but so far a Polish P-64 fits fine, but the 2 extra pistol mag pouches are made for something else.
You would be able to load this up nicely with 6 rifle mags, 1 pistol with 2 extra mags, a med kit, 2 canteens of the US variety, and still have space in pouches for food and anything else you might want or need.

Front.jpg
Both mag pouches are in front as one would expect. The 2 other pouches behind them have a pull up fabric deal with a drawstring.

Holster.jpg
Pistol pouch on right side and also shows placement of one of the spare mag pouches. Since this is Czech made, it stands to reason the holster was made for a Czech pistol, but there is no way a CZ75 is going to fit. Anyone have any ideas?
Magazine Pouch.jpg
Detail of the interior of the mag pouch. As you can see, these are separated to keep your mags tight and reasonably quiet. Feels sturdy enough for the job.
Rear.jpg
Rear of vest. The lower pouch can be removed, but the upper one is permanently attached. Would carry several days of rations of you packed them well and took them out of the main package. You can also see some of the adjustments on the side. The straps on the bottom are for a belt support, and are removable.

Tag.jpg
Data tag.

Reactions: scottyb

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Sort of a czech version of desert DPM. I was thinking it was going to be that slightly darker blotchy/ pixelated patern with but maybe that's newer.

I love camo. Just went through all my zelts and commie shelter halves. Forgot how many I had and the patterns. Zelts are all reproductions of course.

·
Super Moderator
25,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CZ 75 for the pistol holster?
Well, the pistol that fits is a CZ75D compact, and the spare mags fit the pouches as well. Other stuff may work, but I believe this is what it was designed for.

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Got mine today, brand spanky new. FANTASTIC vest!

Well laid out and adjustable for my XL frame. Ample pockets, everything can be cinched down. I see this as being the go to out of all my rigs.

My only peeve is the orientation of the pistol holster is vert which makes it a contortion move to get it out. WTF guys?

Overall a great buy. Have not tried it over the armor but it should fit fine.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Here are the pics. I can say these are very well made, and scream quality, and are also quite adjustable. I'm going to dig some different mags out later and see what fits, and what doesn't. I have no idea what pistol was meant for that holster, but so far a Polish P-64 fits fine, but the 2 extra pistol mag pouches are made for something else.
You would be able to load this up nicely with 6 rifle mags, 1 pistol with 2 extra mags, a med kit, 2 canteens of the US variety, and still have space in pouches for food and anything else you might want or need.

View attachment 288299
Both mag pouches are in front as one would expect. The 2 other pouches behind them have a pull up fabric deal with a drawstring.

View attachment 288301
Pistol pouch on right side and also shows placement of one of the spare mag pouches. Since this is Czech made, it stands to reason the holster was made for a Czech pistol, but there is no way a CZ75 is going to fit. Anyone have any ideas?
View attachment 288303
Detail of the interior of the mag pouch. As you can see, these are separated to keep your mags tight and reasonably quiet. Feels sturdy enough for the job.
View attachment 288305
Rear of vest. The lower pouch can be removed, but the upper one is permanently attached. Would carry several days of rations of you packed them well and took them out of the main package. You can also see some of the adjustments on the side. The straps on the bottom are for a belt support, and are removable.

View attachment 288307
Data tag.
Maybe the holster is for a CZ82. That would be about the size of a P-64.

·
Super Moderator
25,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nope, its for a CZ75 compact. The pistol fits just fine, as do the spare mags in the pouches provided. The 75 compact in question is the newer version pictured below.
Left.jpg

I know I keep saying more pics to see what mags fit, but I will get to them. I'm planning on trying M16, AK74 and AK47. From looking at the pouches, it would be easy to pack:

1 pistol and 2 spare mags.
6 rifle mags
2 canteens
1 personal med kit
2 days rations
And still have plenty of room left for other things you want/need.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I ordered the forest camo one last week. It delivered today. Will see this weekend when i get home how it is and how things fit. I have a CZ 75 SP01, CZ 75BD and a CZ P 10c threaded and suppressed with the higher sights. Im curious to how that will fit in the holster.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Nope, its for a CZ75 compact. The pistol fits just fine, as do the spare mags in the pouches provided. The 75 compact in question is the newer version pictured below.
View attachment 289459

I know I keep saying more pics to see what mags fit, but I will get to them. I'm planning on trying M16, AK74 and AK47. From looking at the pouches, it would be easy to pack:

1 pistol and 2 spare mags.
6 rifle mags
2 canteens
1 personal med kit
2 days rations
And still have plenty of room left for other things you want/need.
That makes sense since the CZ82 was probably out of service when these vests were first in use.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts