AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is mine :grin: These were the sweest things going for $109 shipped with two mags, cleaning rod and holster. :bd:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Sold mine as well, will probably have another soon. Only drawback I saw was the low mag limit (8 rounds), strange since the rounds themselves are pretty small. :neutral:

the romanian surplus will rust out the barrel in 2 days if you don't clean it when you get home, I found out the hard way, good thing I was able to catch it early and scrub it all out. :neutral:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I'm a rifle guy and never cared for handguns. That is until I got ahold of a CZ-52. I bought it simply for the round that it shoots. It's like having a M-1 carbine but in pistol form. It's amazing how flat it shoots. Anything at 100 yards and under is toast. It's very evident at 220 yards I can hit area targets about the size of a small car. Good enough to compete with the accuracy of some AKs. :goof: Mine was a refirbished dark finish. I never refinish C&Rs but it was butt ugly. So I made an exception and ended up refinishing it with Gun Kote for personal use.

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
XENOGY,

Muttly and were talking about doing that exact same thing to our CZ's. I agree they do come a little butt ugly. Yours looks fantastic.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Forgot to add the pistol grips were done with flat black Krylon Fusion for plastics type paint. I sanded them down including the grooves, applied the paint, and sanded lightly with very fine sandpaper for the flat finish. It took about a week to fully dry and seems to be holding up better than the gun kote on the metal parts. There is someone on-line who offers CZ-52 grips in original form. He made an exact mold and can make them in whatever color you want. The color is solid also so it will never rub off. He sells them for about $20.

I would reccomend not doing the barrel. After repeated use the gun kote has come off the barrel leaving spots of bare metal. This was my first gun kote project. I learned that the parts need to be overbaked a bit for better durability and the finish applied as light as possible. The black finish on my slide is glossy because I applied it a little too thick. Gun Kote over park is excellent as I learned on my FAL project. Be sure to pick up the Hogue grips for it. Now I wouldn't reccomend a CZ-52 without them. It takes away the awkward grip, doubles accuracy, and really speeds up follow-up shots. I think the grip cost about $12.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Damn I need to get another one, the one I had, came with problems I didn't feel like fixing. :neutral:

they make the perfect back up truck gun. :twisted:

I'm sure someone will come along eventually with a gold painted one! :dance:

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
Those are a very interesting handgun.
I have my C&R now. Anyone know of a place that still has them in stock?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Aim surplus says they are on the way. Currently in the process of being imported. No idea if there will be a price hike.

Travis have you thought more into refinishing your CZ-52? What color scheme do you plan to go with?

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Hey... try the CZ without ear protetion. I dare ya. :twisted:

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Xenogy said:
Aim surplus says they are on the way. Currently in the process of being imported. No idea if there will be a price hike.

Travis have you thought more into refinishing your CZ-52? What color scheme do you plan to go with?
Still debating. I'm waiting for 'gun metal' blue to arrive next week from KG gunkote. I'm going to test it on a Romy kit. Really looking forward to the color. :wink: If all goes well that 'could' be my ticket.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Hey guys, I just got the latest catalog from SOG, and they have CZ52's listed for $129.95 in "very good to excellent condition". Holster with extra mag can be had for $9.95. They say that the pistols are currently being held in bond (James Bond?), and should arrive some time in April. They are taking advance orders.

I have never really had interest in them, but this thread is giving me second thoughts...

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
I bought the last one that CA had in stock a few weeks ago. It didn't have a spare mag or holster, but I have ordered those from other dealers and they're on the way. The spare mag is actually here. Got it from SG. It's aftermarket, but actually fits the gun better than stock. Works fine.
CA gave me a nice discount since it didn't have the accessories. That was cool. I lucked out and got one with the original phosphate finish and it appeared to be unissued. It shoots new Czech and Winchester ammo perfectly. It hates the 1950's surplus stuff I got. Many failures to fire.
Mechanically, I think it's fascinating! That rolling block action is really cool. Simple to strip apart and clean too. You just need a 3/16" punch to remove the block & barrel and a tiny screwdriver tip to remove the firing pin for cleaning. And the round it shoots is really neat too. It packs a wallop, yet recoil is very moderate and the gun is comfortable to shoot.
I'm having trouble getting really good accuracy from it as the sights are tiny and blurr like crazy for me. (I'm farsighted.) But I get better each time I take it to the range. Last time out I kept a whole mag full in the 7 ring at 51'. I can do much better with my new SA XD45acp, but it has big three dot sights. It's design is better for accuracy as well.
I really think that even at $139, it's a bargain for a really good one. It's a very interesting gun!

·
Registered
354 Posts
My salesman from Century sent me an email, they are available there right now if anyone wants one. I think the price was $139. Not sure as I already deleted the email.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well, I now own 3 cz-52's. Here are a couple of pics of the newest ones.

I haven't shot it, yet. :sad: I got the call that I was heading offshore
about an hour after I picked it up.

Sam

1 - 20 of 21 Posts