AK Rifles banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
As I know most holsters for CZ 75 models would quite new because even that this is project from the '70s the standard issued pistol for military and police was CZ 50, CZ 52, CZ 70, CZ 82 models in .32 ACP, 7,62 x 25 mm and 9 x 18 mm and as I know (I could be wrong about it) the 9 x 19 mm guns were issued after fall communism/iron courtain so most of the Czech gear would from late late '80s and from the '90s.

Ofcourse there could be some gear used by special/secret police/forces etc.

·
Registered
97 Posts
As I know most holsters for CZ 75 models would quite new because even that this is project from the '70s the standard issued pistol for military and police was CZ 50, CZ 52, CZ 70, CZ 82 models in .32 ACP, 7,62 x 25 mm and 9 x 18 mm and as I know (I could be wrong about it) the 9 x 19 mm guns were issued after fall communism/iron courtain so most of the Czech gear would from late late '80s and from the '90s.

Ofcourse there could be some gear used by special/secret police/forces etc.
That is correct, the CZ 75 pistol in 9x19 was actually designed for the US market. That’s a long story but it wasn’t adopted by Czech Police until the 1990’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,916 Posts
Thanks for the reviews, guys, I've always wanted a Czechoslovakia-stamped version too. You talked me into ordering a trio of CZ75's, I'll keep the best of the lot.

Reactions: scottyb and otus

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got one back in the late 80's it was an Iraqi military contract that was cancelled just before the first Gulf War, a real military contract gun new no box but it had a manual in arabic and a test target, the importer was selling them for 329.00 at a gun show, got me one that had the import mark on the side of the slide toward the front made it look a bit ugly.
The gun shoots great I love it is one of my favorite, the only thing is the import mark kills the value of this beauty.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That’s one of the great things about Val at OWS, his import marks are small and he puts them in the least noticeable place he can.

On the CZ its under the outside of the trigger guard, it’s almost like small strip of stipple.

·
Super Moderator
25,619 Posts
You would think that a dedicated holster would exist on the surplus market, but I have never seen one either. I assume that they use some nylon type now a days.
A holster that will fit a 92F Beretta will fit these no problem. I bought a used police holster for range use and home defense belt, and both fit perfectly.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Sorry to jump in late here but that is a great score scottyb! Not everyone likes the grip feel but for me they work. My latest CZ was a SP-01 Phantom which is the current service pistol for the Czech military or it was. Liked it so much I ended up with 2.
3327BB17-EE78-488A-9684-B4611978805F.jpeg
Then I got on a Tanfoglio kick and ended up with these:
681E3B7C-D1B5-4443-8D59-AC4C1668B008.jpeg
Then I started searching for the short barrel version and found one that is stamped “Force Police F” on the top of the slide:
EA1F8C1F-9FE4-4406-A3E9-9383C8B92496.jpeg
The Tanfoglios are much cheaper than the CZ’s but are still good pistols IMO. The small frame models also use CZ75 mags.
On a side note there is a guy on eBay that makes custom Kydex holsters for almost anything. 1441gear I think but they are of course newer style with plastic belt wings. He has made 2 for me and I can wear them all day.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Can you show the part of the gun where they modified the pistol to fit newer mags? Usually you would need “pre-B” mags for an old 75. I’m cautious about “improved” and “sporterized” surplus firearms, so I’m curious as to how they went about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,916 Posts
Has anyone received any of the CZ75 pistols from Old West Scroungers yet? Pics would be nice. Mine are supposed to arrive Monday.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I saw the police in Prague carrying CZ75 compacts back in 2001. Usual cop holster. They had a van in the middle of the square where alot of tourists were milling about. My buddy and I asked them where a certain night club was that we were going to go to that night. I thought it was funny, as they called into dispatch and got an address and directions for us. Funny what you would ask a cop in Europe as a tourist that you would never ask a cop here. Of course our police are a different breed here. (not trying to make a political comment)

·
Super Moderator
7,916 Posts
Wow, I’d be plenty satisfied with that condition. Nice deck and view too!!!

Reactions: scottyb

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Man I am so sorry for the poor choice you've clearly made.
I am willing to make it better for you and yes, I will accept your pistol so can find some needed peace of mind.
I'll take it just to help you out this time. Please pay for shipping too.

·
Super Moderator
7,916 Posts
Now OWS has a listing for CZ75s in EXC+ condition @ $499. They practically look new. Would have paid the extra if they'd been available before.

·
Registered
61 Posts

Got that old CZ jewel looking good and worthy of that bad ass holster you purchased. Glad to see you got one in such a well preserved condition and worthy of being a primary choice for a sidearm in 9mm. Love WV too! My son-in-law was born there and has family he visits often. Takes my daughter with him to ride his side x side and camp. He's a Glock/AR fanboy so I have to forgive him for his misguided decisions. At least he likes guns and Trump so I consider myself blessed and lucky

·
Super Moderator
7,916 Posts
My C75 order from OWS was supposed to arrive yesterday. Checked the tracking, and it said returned at senders request. Made it to within 100 miles of Tucson, then turned around. Called to ask why, was told there were 500 orders headed back to them but that person didn't know the reason.

WTF?

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
You live too close to CA and that threatens the handgun roster.
The hammer and sickle are fine though.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts