AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on a couple projects and was wondering if any of you have ever ordered Custom Russian stencils from anywhere?

I've found a number of stencil companies online but none that can do Cyrillic.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
were you looking for Stencils or stamps??

I was wanting to label a couple ammo cans and wood crates but had no luck with the stencils so I have been looking at Cyrillic fonts and possibly cutting my own stencils

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
Why buy stencils? Just download cyrillic fonts(.ttf), use WORD to print out what you want it to say, cut it out.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely looking for stencils, not stamps.

I guess thats what I'll end up doing. Thanks :)

·
Banned
4,277 Posts
There plenty of free download shareware of fonts out there, to include cyrillic fonts. Do a GOOGLE search for them

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Caligula said:
There plenty of free download shareware of fonts out there, to include cyrillic fonts. Do a GOOGLE search for them
There just aren't any military STENCIL fonts that GOOGLE has turned up.

Stencils have tabs that connect the areas between void spaces. Fonts don't.

If I have to just use a font and do it freehand I will but I thought maybe....just maybe....someone on a board that specializes in combloc material might have done this before.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you can read cyrillic websites then you already have cyrillic fonts. If you go to cyrillic websites and all the writing is just boxes you can have windows install russian language packs or the russian IME, this is free and should be on your windows disk.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts