AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Since I'm new here, some people may not be aware I have sold these in the past on other forums. These are the Russian variety made of M2 HS Tool steel, Rc 62-64 hardness, correct size etc. These were designed by me the year before last and every once in awhile there is enough interest for a manufacturing run. The minimum run is 5 sets to offset the toolup costs. Normally I do a 10 set run as the cost is about 5 bucks lower.
Now we have 4 buyers interested in the Russian variety and getting ready to do another run. At the last minute I am holding off to see if there is enough interest in a set with Bulgarian cyrillic, as well as the Russian.
This would be easy enough to do by having the manufacturer replace the O with an E in the second stamp. I am in for one set myself so I need 4 more buyers. This would bring the total to 10 sets - 5 CCCP and 5 Bulgy.
The price was increased on the Russian sets based on a run of 5 sets divided between 5 buyers and is $85. shipped to you. I have not requested a bid yet on the Bulg. stamps but I am hoping the price is in the same range or lower. It should be lower for all sets based on 10 total. That will be updated as I get the Bulg. design worked out with the factory. I would be paying any out of pocket tooling setup fee myself, since I would own the cad design as with the Russian stamps.
As a warning - these stamps require some skill and additional tooling to use. I use them in a special holder that slips onto a hyd press ram, as it is more precise than using a hammer. I also spot anneal the exact locations on the hardened recievers and use a jewelers sized flame for this. The Rc 42 hardness recievers will wear these out prematurely if not spot annealed. A backing support is used that is contoured to the inside of the reciever, to keep from dimpling the reciever. If you build using flats then it's all a piece of cake.
These stamps were designed because I prefer the stamped look as opposed to the laser engraved look, which is way too pretty to me.
Please post any interest here and use my email address for additional correspondence:

[email protected]

Update : Looking at adding the Bulgarian stamp as a single unit since only the semi-auto stamp is different between the Bulg. and Russian. This would mean a 3 pc set to do both Bulgarian and Russian , rather than a 4 pc set. Makes it more affordable. Estimated $126.50 shipped but will post the bottom line when the factory gets back in touch. The 2 pc Russian set will still be an option of course. A 2 pc strictly Bulgarian set is also an option but I predict most interest will be for the CCCP sets.

Admins : If this post is in the wrong location please let me know. Likewise, if this post is improper in any way, let me know.
Respectfully,
DC (HOPSTER)

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I'd order a Russian set if you'll walk me through the process with some specifics. :wink:

Hell, maybe a Polish, Romanian, etc..... These might be cheaper

Thanks,

Kyle

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fabricated a bar that has a small plate bonded on that has a "C" shaped cutout on one side to fit tightly against the aft end of the dimple. The plate is about 1/4 " thick and the bar is about 3/8 " thick and 12 " long X 2" wide. The "C" shaped block extends to the lower side of the rail at the top and to the lower inside corner of the reciever at the bottom. The reciever is coated with mold release and the bar is gooped up with Devcon Plastic Welder. It's clamped to the inside to make a tight mold of the inside. It is removed, cleaned up, and will later snap tightly in place. Some minor grinding may be required to accomodate different dimple shapes or locations. The bar is clamped in place with small clamps. Another bar is slipped all the way through the reciever from top to bottom behind the first bar. This supports the entire thing as a bridge between the blocks of a hyd press. I ran tests without annealing and it worked OK. Need to have on hand the cheapo Oxy/Mapp torch with small tip and hose , from any Home depot, sold as a welding/brazing torch. You would heat the exact spot to be stamped to a cherry red and let it cool, bringing off the heat slowly. We are talking no larger than 1/4 " diameter spot to be annealed.

The tool holder is made from 1" galvanized pipe with a sleeve of smaller pipe a couple of inches long. Inside that sleeve is a section of square steel tubing about 1/2" x1/2" (will have exact dimensions on all this later with pics). A short plug is inserted at the upper end of the square tubing and all of this is bonded in place with the ram coated with mold release. The ram holds it against a plate while it cures. The lower end of the pipe has cross pins inserted through the top of the inner sleeve and the JB Weld or whatever you use for filler holds the inner sleeves in place. You will end up with a tool holder that slips over the ram about 5 inches, and the ram bears directly on the square plug and sleeves inserted in the bottom.
The stamp is inserted into the square tube at the bottom and only an inch or less sticks out. It bears directly on the square plug or essentially - the ram transfers the force to the stamp and the stamp is held firmly so it cannot flex or shatter. Basically a long bar that slips over the ram that has a female socket that holds a stamp firmly and straight. It is all held in place with thumbscrews tapped through the sides.
The first time I tried the stamps with the hyd press I simply held the stamp in a gloved hand to keep it square with the work, but that's a good way to get hurt. I also made several other holders this way to hold rivet sets and dimpling punches for building. You could weld them up too, but I design everything here knowing that I cannot weld worth a crap.

If you are perfect you can use the stamps with a 3 lb mini sledge (drilling hammer) but the hyd press assures predictable results each time. A double stamp or lopsided strike with the hammer might ruin your week.
I hope my explanation is useful for all of it's length. I'll expedite trying to get the tool finished and snap some pics of it to post here. More pics of the stamping process will follow.
DC

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPDATE :
A firm price has been given by the manufacturer for a run of 6 sets of the Russian stamps + 7 extra Bulgarian lower selector stamps ("EA").
The stamps will be $74 per set of two Russian stamps and $37 per single Bulgarian stamp, or $111. for all 3 stamps needed to do both Bulg. and Russian guns. This is without shipping, which will run $2 to $3.
I submitted the artwork for the Bulgarian add on stamps and after they return the CAD file for my review, I will start taking orders. As metioned, the tooling pics will be posted when all is ready (soon).
DC

·
Registered
429 Posts
Greentimber said:
I'd order a Russian set if you'll walk me through the process with some specifics. :wink:

Hell, maybe a Polish, Romanian, etc..... These might be cheaper

Thanks,

Kyle
I'm in for a set of three. For the Polish selectors you just need a C (mid position) and a P (lower position) [Safe position: No marking;

Automatic: "C" for Ciagly (sustained)
Single shot: "P" for Pojedynczy (single)]

For Romanian; Safe position: "S" for Siguranta (Safety)
Automatic: "FA" for Foc Automat (Automatic Fire)
Single shot: "FF" for Foc cu foc (Single shot)

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greentimber,
There are two russian sets left and one Bulgarian lower selector stamp left, or in other words, one 3 pc set and one two piece set, remaining.

Hey don't forget U, R J, = Yugoslavian

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Put me down for

one Bulgarian lower selector stamp
if still available.

thanks
jithaca

·
Registered
429 Posts
Here's the full list of European Combloc selector markings

Combloc AK Selector Markings

This buy would - together with some regular English letter stamps - give you all the European countries that used the AK (I believe)
Albania
Safe position: No marking
Automatic: "A" for Automatic
Single Shot: "1"
---------------------------------------------------------
Bulgaria

Found on all Bulgarian (Arsenal Co) production Kalashnikovs.

Safe Position: No Marking
Automatic: "AB" (in cyrillic) for Avtomatichen (Automatic)
Single shot: "E[cyrillic D]" (in cyrillic) for Edinichna (Single. Edinichna
strelba = single shot)
-----------------------------------
China
Automatic: Chinese for Consecutive
Single shot: Chinese for Single

Export models...
Automatic: "L" for "Lian" (consecutive)
Single shot: "D" for "Dan" (single)
DDR
Found on all MPiK & MPiKM variants and the 22LR trainer (KKMPiK69)
variant...

Automatic: "D" for Dauerfeuer (sustained fire)
Single shot: "E" for Einzelfeuer (single fire)

Later models chambered in 5.45x39 & 5.56x45mm...
Automatic: Infinity sign (sideways 8)
Single shot: 1
--------------------------------------------------------

Hungary
Found on all AK variants produced in Hungary by FEG.

Automatic: Infinity sign (sideways 8)
Single shot: 1
Poland
Found on all PMK and AKM models.

Single shot: "P" for Pojedynczy (single)

Found on all variants chambered in 5.45x39 (Wz.88/89) & 5.56x45
(Wz.90/91 & Wz.96).

Left side of receiver...
Single shot: "P" for Pojedynczy (single)
Three shot burst: "S" for Seryjny (serial)

Right side...
Locked (safe) position: "Z" for Zabezpieczony (safe)
Unlocked (fire/fire select) position: "O" for odbezpieczony (unsafe)
Russia
Found on ALL direct AK variants (AK47/AKM/AKS74U/AK74M, etc.)...

Automatic: "AB" (in cyrillic) for Avtomatichevskiy (automatic)
Single shot: "OD" (in cyrillic) for Odinochiny (single)
AB= avtomaticheskiy = auto
OД = odinochniy = semi auto
--------------------------------------------------------

Romania
Found on all AKM (AIM) variants chambered in 7.62x39...

Safe position: "S" for Siguranta (Safety)
Automatic: "FA" for Foc Automat (Automatic Fire)
Single shot: "FF" for Foc cu foc (Single shot)

Export Models chambered in 7.62x39...
Safe position: "S" for Safe
Single shot: "R" for Round

Yugoslavia/Serbia

Found on all AK variants produced past (Zavodi Crvena Zastava) &
present (Zastava Oruzje) except for sniper models, sniper models lack
the FA position.

Safe position: "U" for Ukoceno (safety)
Automatic: "R" for Rafalna (burst)
Single shot: "J" for Jedinacna (single)

Export models...

Safe position: "S" for Safe
Single shot: "R" for Round

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Hopster:

I emailed you through the boards a couple times and the message bounced back to me. I'll take a Russian set. If you can email me at [email protected] with your payment specifics I'll send $$ ASAP.

Thanks,

Kyle

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
F-Troop, I believe you are correct. If There was an infinity symbol stamp added in we could do everything, by combining with off the shelf letter and number stamps. The "Foc cu Foc " . . . . . . well I never knew the Romanians talked like that. I've used that phrase before without even knowin I was speakin Romanian. It worked good for me in Indonesia as an alternate for "Jiggy Jiggy". :mrgreen:

Greentimber and Jerry - you are both on the list now.
Will get in touch with everyone with payment details.
Looks like our list may be complete or there may be one single Bulgy stamp left.
I'll check.
DC

·
Registered
429 Posts
:lol:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will call this complete for now. Any stragglers have till Monday 3/6 to get in on the action. Waiting on 4 more buyers to get the 10 set discount looks like will take too long and not be worth the few bucks off.
Jerry and GreenTimber, please send Paypal to me at :
[email protected]
Or you can email me your addresses (again) and I will tell you where to send the money orders. The amount is $37 per single stamp, $74. for a set of two, and $111. for all three, + $2.50 to handle whatever they charge me for shipping, plus my cost to ship to you.
Email :
[email protected]

I am looking into making up some repro inspectors stamps, like seen on the Type 3 and Type 2, but I expect the cost for individual ownership would be too high, therefore will look at renting them out to help recoup costs. Once I get the tooling setup here for the cyrillic stamping , I will move it over to the Build it yourself forum. The tooling is easy to make and requires no welding. That will take a couple or 3 weeks as I just got the rest of the metal stock today. (and I work full time ! ).
DC

DC

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Money Sent for stamp via PayPal.
Thanks

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Greentimber - paid
Jerry - Overpaid
Thanks guys.
Jerry you have a credit on file for $7.50 surplus.
DC

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PS- If anyone thinks it's a good idea to put together custom stamp packages for all of the standard numbers and letters used on the whole AK variety, it should be much cheaper than buying a whole alphabet and number set, and might be able to include the "infinity symbol" as well and still come out cheaper.
Reason is these stamps are all "off the shelf" and a fraction of the cost of the cyrillic custom stamps. We would need at least 10 buyers to make this feasable, or maybe 15 to offeset the setup cost for the infinity stamp.
As usual, would be a not for profit venture.
DC

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Order was placed last Friday. "Infinity" symbol stamp design in the works.
Russian T2 /T3 inspectors stamps design in the works, will be a couple of months out.
Thanks for the interest.
Will post the pics of the pressing tooling when I get it done.
Got a huge backlog here.
DC

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm interested in a Russian set.

Let me know if I'm too late...

Thanks!

Rusty.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts