AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a few cut away magazines. These are the actual mags and not a pic from the net. I remember seeing these years ago and I am thinking these were Bulgarian trainer mags but not sure if my memory is on point. What's the story and the value on these cut away mags now days. What about the cutaway dust cover? Value?
AK47_cutaway (1).jpg

·
Registered
642 Posts
Cutaway guns and parts are for teaching soldiers how gun acutally work. Nowadays with all of the computer CGI etc. it is an almost ancient technology but still usefull and effective.

·
Registered
727 Posts
You are correct, they are Bulgarian. The opening size, shape and red edge paint are hallmarks of the Bulgy’s. Mags are $30 each and top cover maybe $40.

Mags are relatively common but it’s neat to see the cutaway top cover. Buy them and enjoy!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you KAPRAL-POLAND, gregsthe1, trevorakm and AK Blue for responding to my question on the Bulgy Trainer Mags.

AKBlue sent me this helpful message that I will share for the community:

AKBlue: As you noted the Bulgarians made a number cutaway T3 and other AK training models.
APEX sold some of those kits a few years ago. I ended up with a few of the parts like cutaway gas tube and some barrel stubs in odd parts lots. Seems like cutaway mags gained popularity in the US and other countries as well. There is a thread on A K F I L E S showing pics of cutaways of various types and countries.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts