AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this rifle from a friend of mine and am wondering what they might be selling for these days.
Rifle was unfired when I got it with a cleaning kit in the buttstock, soft case, sling, and 5-30rnd magazines (3 EG, 1 Yugo, 1 CH flat back).
Just a few light dings in the stock, but other than that it is pretty much perfect.

20160906_021207_zpsrxihfy0z.JPEG 20160904_134302_zpsg4zye9ya.JPG 20160906_021055_zps9e6kzx56.JPEG

Also picked up the Valmet 78 to add to my growing Valmet collection. :D

Thanks for any ideas on the realistic value of either...

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Do you have detailed pics of the model name/trunnion markings? GSAD rifles bring a slight premium since they're one of the few Chinese variants that can be brought into California, depending on how they're marked.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have detailed pics of the model name/trunnion markings? GSAD rifles bring a slight premium since they're one of the few Chinese variants that can be brought into California, depending on how they're marked.
This one has no model name or trunnion markings.
It does however have two exceedingly small roll markings underneath the importer markings on the left hand side of the receiver which read "NORINCO 7.62mm CHINA". They look more like scratches or rub marks than lettering. You can just barely make them out in the picture.

20160906_021130_zps4rhh0sby.JPEG

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Apparently it is one of the few AK's currently legal to own or transfer into California according to a member here who PM'ed me with some more info.
Since my friend basically gave it to me for an unbelievably generous price I doubt I will ever sell it...but I will let my friends from California shoot it anytime they come visit. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts