AK Rifles banner

Crappy day at work how was yours?

1K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  3995 
#1 ·
Ever just have a bad day?
Work calls wife in, so I had to get up at 4:00 am to take the kid to the inlaws, (4year olds DON'T like 4am) Then drive to work. Spent the morning in hot weather chasing horses that are owned by convicted drugdealers and illegal aliens (the 5 legal kids helped a little) Then had to work extra because we were at half staff, late getting off, wife calls to say shes pulling an extra 5 hours and won't be home til after midnight. Get to church late only to learn they were understaffed and needed our help with vacation bible school. Also see the same 4 year old acting like a yeti. Have disagreement with said 4 year old who has to be removed from church. Check engine light comes on on the way home, find the wife must not have shut the gate when she left right after me this AM, have to get up the animals. Then get the banshee 4 year old off to bed after a well deserved spanking. Now if I can just figure out why I am having this headache........

But hey, at least I am still alive and able to irritate the neighbors who just moved in to save us ignorant country bumpkins from ourselves!! Night fire exercises anyone??!?!? :grin:

#5 ·
pfffffffftttttt I worked my butt off and sold a few guns to pay off our last credit card (2 weeks ago) Wife comes home tuesday and said you like this??? "I got a great deal on it" Im thinking 1500 dollars noooooooo :mad: $5000.00 dollars for a #uckin' ring! Now I have a hole to patch in a wall and have a table to fix. :neutral:

#6 ·
will36 said:
pfffffffftttttt I worked my butt off and sold a few guns to pay off our last credit card (2 weeks ago) Wife comes home tuesday and said you like this??? "I got a great deal on it" Im thinking 1500 dollars noooooooo :mad: $5000.00 dollars for a #uckin' ring! Now I have a hole to patch in a wall and have a table to fix. :neutral:
yikes :shock:

#8 ·
sounds like a return to me.....or make her get a credit card in her own name independent of you. Its been a while but I think you can do something like that if your spouse has bad spending habits. Keeps the both of you from going down in debt. 5K for a ring is ridiculous. I send the old lady to a spa for the day. Cost me 300 dollars and keeps her quiet for a couple months. Get too angry and the your heart and blood pressure might not cooperate when you open your shop

#9 ·
will36 said:
I would seriously SCISSOR/SHREAD every credit card she has.
Then CANCEL them all.

She needs to learn about saving money for things before you buy them.
That ring needs to go back to the store it came from, and have the store
swear out an order of protection on her so she cannot legally enter the store.
You are on the road to terminal debt if you let her do this when ever she wants to. Get her spending habits under control now or you are doomed.

KyAKGuy

#10 ·
5K for a rock ?? DAAAAAAMMN !!

If the account is in your name call the card company and have her name removed from the account. Say nothing and wait. When she tries to use it all she will get is a " Sorry ma'am your card has been declined".
Pre-plan your strategy for the arguement that will be coming your way when she's refused on the card.

Man, that sucks...5K ouch...

#12 ·
5K?

she has a good job right? if not do things the easy way and take the ring off of her and send it back for a refund,.. or do it the real easy way and send it back with the finger/hand/arm/wife still wearing it.

patch a wall and repair a table?,.. yeah i would have thrown a table or something thru a wall as well.

be prepared for the "well you spend money on guns and they cost alot" BS that is sure to come out of her mouth,..... this will be very easy to counter if she smokes or drinks,..tell her to go sell off all of the ciggarettes and booze she smoked or drank in the last year and see how much money she gets.

as to the Op,.. hey man keep your head up & drive on.

#13 ·
She has a good job makes her own car payment /ins. and all. I really dont have a leg to stand on . If you seen my gun safe and shop you would see why. :neutral: She didnt say anything when I sold a bike that was paid for to buy a custom chopper for 18 grand .

She was a big part in paying off the other cards . + she puts out on a regular baisis, doesnt smoke or drink, cleans house and cooks WELL :grin:

Ill admit (not to crawfish here) ,but after thinking about it im not as pissed as I was .

Sorry VZ58 this sure did hijack your post.

#14 ·
LOL thats ok after hearing about a 5k ring my probs are small. Just had to vent, right after posting that I stepped on a toy in the dark and wound up going to the doctor for xrays. Gotta wear a damn boot for a few weeks.... :evil:

You though will be paying for the ring longer than that.. :goof:

#15 ·
will36 said:
She has a good job makes her own car payment /ins. and all. I really dont have a leg to stand on . If you seen my gun safe and shop you would see why. :neutral: She didnt say anything when I sold a bike that was paid for to buy a custom chopper for 18 grand .

She was a big part in paying off the other cards . + she puts out on a regular baisis, doesnt smoke or drink, cleans house and cooks WELL :grin:

Ill admit (not to crawfish here) ,but after thinking about it im not as pissed as I was .

Sorry VZ58 this sure did hijack your post.
well THAT does change things,.... it would be way diffrent if she sat on the couch all day and watched tv.

sounds like you might want to think about getting her a new purse or a pair of shoes or something. :neutral:

#17 ·
Crappy day? Got woke up at 2 am to watch a flag drapped coffin loaded onto a plane, the 9th coffin from this location this week. I'd say most of our days are much better than the days others are having.

#19 ·
davehal9000 now that is a crappy day
or in another way, a day to be thankful for those who do the things our country ask of them and think of thier families.

deadbird, thats got to blow.

#20 ·
3 years ago I took a job in a new department because of a promise of advancement. It was in a two man shop. We took care of fire/security alarms, CCTV, audio/video systems, scoreboards etc. I was there pretty much whenever the damn doors were unlocked, worked my required 500 hours of overtime plus some, went in to work in the middle of the night to work on alarms some dumbass student cooking popcorn had set off, or some squirrel that had set off a motion sensor. Tried like hell to always have an answer (other than "I don't know") whenever a higher up had a question. Yada, yada, yada.

Liked the job, always got good reviews and praise from the higher ups, thought things were going as planned, as it was spelled out to me from the begining.

Cut to a week and half ago. My boss retires (knew it was coming) and I was expecting to be in position to be the supervisor. Day after my boss retires, one of the managers tells me that they are doing away with that particular supervisors position and I will be placed under another supervisor, due to budget concerns.

But the kicker is, no one in the new shop, even my new supervisor, know anything about how to do what I do. Nor do they want to learn how to do it. So basically I am doing the job that took two of us to do. I was told that I will not be allowed to take a day off for the rest of the year (about how long they figure it will take them to hire someone to help/be my new work partner), plus I just found out they gave my new supervisor (who knows nothing about my job and refuses to offer any final decisions on questions I have, leaving all of the responsibility to me) a $5.00/hr raise (I thought we were in a budget crisis).

So basically, I have to do the supervisors duties for my job (make final decisions, plan the work orders and overtime so all of the work gets done on time, and take the ass chewings if something doesn't go the way someone else likes it), plus I cant take a day off for the next four months, plus I have to be on call every night and weekend till someone else is hired and I also get the honor of training the new guy (I get to have no input on how they interview or eventually hire). All the while my new, dumbass boss sits on his ass all day, playing poker on the computer, making more money than he was before.

The only plus is that I am left the hell alone to do the work. At least I don't have him standing over me trying to micro-manage everything I do.

#21 ·
some of you guys have some good ones, heres mine:
Wife and I were bicycling down town on a bike path, side by side, she sees a tree root she doesnt want to hit so she speeds up and cuts me off, my front tire hits her now diagonal back tire, I fly over handle bars, land on my face. Gravels falling off my face, wipe it off, nope, that's blood pooring out, all over my face, legs, hands, go to emergency room, stitches, cancle floating river plans, cancle going in the sun for till April (no skiing either? plans)
SO, today sucked for me, but hey, I got 10 pain pills! I'll get picks soon, I need to come up with a cool lie for what happened, looks like a bullet hole right in the temple!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.