AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the correct scope that was issued with the RPK. I think the LPS 4x6 TIP2 scope would fit but not sure of it's correct and if the reticle would be different from the PSL to the RPK.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
In actual service the only scopes I have seen on RPKs outside of 1980s Afghanistan would be night vision.

·
Super Moderator
10,310 Posts
SteveM said:
In actual service the only scopes I have seen on RPKs outside of 1980s Afghanistan would be night vision.
+1

The night vision scopes 1PN51 and 1PN58 would be consider the standard optics a RPK.

RPK's are considered light machine guns for use in a squad support function for putting high rates of fire down range. Precision optics are not really deployed with a RPK.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
o

They did make a po 3.5x21 scope for the rpk.but iv'e never seen them in use.When i got mine some were marked rpk & some weren't bummer mine wasn't, my freinds was.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Re: o

caliri47 said:
They did make a po 3.5x21 scope for the rpk.but iv'e never seen them in use.When i got mine some were marked rpk & some weren't bummer mine wasn't, my freinds was.
where can these PO scopes be had? :hail:

·
Registered
644 Posts
Without digging my 1P-29 Trilux out of the bin - don't they have an RPK cam ? I'll dig it out later and look.

EDIT: Yes, the 1P-29 does indeed have an RPK cam ...

G

·
0 Posts
Where can the Trilux be found?

Any other choices for "in use" optics? My AES10B does have a scope rail, you would think it would be utilized.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
Any other choices for "in use" optics? My AES10B does have a scope rail, you would think it would be utilized.
Again, as the fellas said, the rail was there as an "in case it's needed" option for use with the night vision scopes.

This is an RPK-74 but you get the idea:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Seeing as how everytime "night vision" is brought up it is almost always shown durring "daytime" use. I imagine most countries would use any optic needed when ever they needed.

·
Registered
644 Posts
fortyacres said:
Where can the Trilux be found?

Good luck finding one. They don't turn up very often these days.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Valmet78 said:
Without digging my 1P-29 Trilux out of the bin - don't they have an RPK cam ? I'll dig it out later and look.

EDIT: Yes, the 1P-29 does indeed have an RPK cam ...
The RPK cam on the 1P29 is for the 5.45 RPK-74, not 7.62 RPK.

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I had 2 cams with this scope. AK and RPK.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts