AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

NOTE: This listing has been closed to any new additions as of 2000 hrs. 20 AUG 13. Please read my update on page 3.

A pre-order web page has now been set up to take care of anyone who in interested in acquiring one or more of these rails for their AKS-74UN, AK-74N, AKS-74N, MPiAK-74N, MPiAKS-74N, MPiAKS-74NK, Wieger StG.940, etc. Thank you for your support for my daughter's small business!

http://www.collectorssourcedfw.com/rmp3.html

WARNING: Please do not mention this forum, the nature of the order, or your username on any online PP transactions!!!

Everyone signed up here has a rail reserved until the weekend, from among a special rush shipment. To keep your reservation, you must make the pre-order on her site at the link below, or contact Kristine to let her know you have a financial difficulty in making a prompt payment.

I am collecting pre-order names for an upcoming shipment of optics rails. I will post updates here when i learn more about the order and when they will be ready to ship. be aware that I AM NOT running a business or selling rails, I am just doing this as a favor to the members who have contacted me recently, and for my daughter who took over my rail business a few years ago. This is for the RMP-3, which is the correct style for any Tula-made AKSUN rifle, or any 1978-1990 model AK-74N or AKS-74N. Apparently, these have been sold out for some time and demand has grown considerably.

So far, I have these fine folks ready with cash in hand:

1. AZAK x2
2. pahunter x2
3. rljatl x1
3. tcammack x2
4. KrasniSerpski x1
5. NXCHESTER x2
6. Ol'Sarge2K x3
7. daino x1
8. kavontn17 depending on price x1
9. 1968roadrunner x3
10. rzdvcc x2
11. trocar706 x1
12. KMFDM x1
13. 0351grunt x1
14. rjb_213 x1
15. dariman3 x2
16. pupwag x1
17. swizz x1
18. Tigerdriver x1
19. CrazyPhuD x1
20. abz400 x1
21. Airman Skitters x2

Total spoken for: 33

Anybody else, just post here on this thread with how many you will take and I wll add you to the listing. This will ensure your rails are reserved from the batch that is incoming. She might ask to collect funds just prior to that date, but I will let you know when the time comes. Posting on this thread does not lock you into accepting these, but please don't post if you are not serious about making the purchase.

Price should be as it was in the past, i.e. somewhere around $45. I'll try to get a few bucks knocked off for paid pre-orders from members, but this will depend on what the invoice says when the rails come in. I will also try to get a rush put on this shipment if at all possible, but that's really out of our hands and depends on the schedule of the shop that makes these rails.

For those who are not familiar with these, or for that are unsure what a Tula AKSU rail should look like, I can assure you that the RMP-3 is a near exact copy to the original Soviet design, IMHO as close as human possible to reproduce using CNC equipment. This was our main goal, without regards to costs incurred making it happen. If you spent a great deal of money on your AKS-74U project and you demand a rail that looks authentic with no compromises, that wont ruin the looks of your recreation, then I would recommend the one Kristine offers.

I spent several thousand dollars and a year of my spare time, paying for several expensive prototypes, to try and get that rail just right in both cosmetics and function, using the original rail as a template. It was of supreme importance to me personally to get it right, for my own use, as I am super picky about how my project rifles look. In fact, I'm normally not happy with most of the rifles I have built, especially if I had to fake or reproduce a part. In the case of these rials, I almost forget it's a repop when I look at my AKS-74N. IMO, it's the closest replica we came to being an exact copy of all of the repro rails we cloned.

if you want more info on AKS-74N rail design, and use on the 1986 Tula AKSU, check this thread out:

http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=161720&hilit=rail

Thanks,
Tantal

·
Registered
133 Posts
Re: Tula AKS-74U Correct Optics Rail Pre-order Waiting List

Please put me down for one rail, as noted above.

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks, I have updated the list.

·
Registered
23 Posts

I'm in for one as long as they're not too expensive. Do you have a price?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts

kavontn17 said:
I'm in for one as long as they're not too expensive. Do you have a price?
I'm going to need three now :grin:

·
Registered
2,009 Posts

is this correct for a bulgarian krinkov?

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

lopojo said:
is this correct for a bulgarian krinkov?
If it's a very early "Bulgarian" assembled true 5,45mm sidefolding Krinkov, yes, this would be the correct style as most of those were made with Soviet pattern (and imported) parts. Later built examples may have used a Bulgarian made copy of this rail, which was originally developed to go on milled rifles. It is essentially the same, except it has slightly different lightening cuts, i.e. the pattern is cut horizontally with a cylindrical mill bit, leaving straight edges on the sides (the Russian cuts are done with a ball mill). The rail is a casting but the pattern was cut with a mill. That particular Bulgarian rail is normally seen on Bulgarian milled rifles equipped with rails, but was also used on stamped AK-74 rifles, and maybe on some small number of all-Bulgarian stamped receiver AKSU's even though I feel that any rare AKSUN's the Bulgarians might have ever had in their inventory were probably Soviet built rifles. Most real Bulgarian military issue rifles that could be accurately called a "Krinkov" are milled underfolders, which could not use a side rail of these type due to the stock strut and pivot mechanism interference.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts

3 please

thanks

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Got you, thanks!

·
Registered
207 Posts

I'm shocked at how many people are interested in these rails right now. This seems like a hell of a backlog. How does it compare to normal sales, Tantal?

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Demand is abnormally high right now due to a lack of availability, how long it took to build up, I don't know. Shaky availability also means some are likely buying extras just in case. Plus lack of me blatantly plugging them like this, hehe! But seriously, there are a scant few collectors here who require or prefer a rail that is spot on correct, as opposed to just a rail that will work. Most don't care and are more interested in how much it costs, how hard it is to install, and how many scopes will fit onto it. No problem there, since that is the bread and butter that pays for developing low demand low volume and rarer to find (and slower to sell) rails, especially ones I needed to complete some of my personal night vision rifle projects. Such was the case of the RMP-3. Sales of these types can be few between at times, as compared to universal do-it-yourself rails like the MPK series.

But don't misunderstand, as you might also be shocked to know how many I did sell back when kits were coming in and were ultra cheap. I guess that was the golden age of AK building, or one of them, hehe. But anyway, these might not have been on the priority list lately in regards to keeping up with an inventory, but they will be now. Sometimes it's even best to let them sell out until slow demand improves, but not for long! It also depends on how many projects (of what type) folks are doing at a given time. If there are no kits of a particular style coming in, then you can expect very slow sales. It's not something you get rich off of, that's for sure, but it did keep me busy and helped pay my hobby expenses for 14 years. I really enjoyed messing with it, and meeting all the folks through the sales, at least until my health blew out. Now I'm damn glad i don't have to keep up with all this stuff on a permanent basis, hehe.

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Roger that!

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll have to check. I assume it should be the same as it's always been the last couple of years, i.e. around $45 with the rivets. Keep in mind I'm not the seller and have not spoken to the manufacturer for a couple of years now. Once the invoice comes in, I'll let you guys know exactly how these will price out. I'll also try to get some kind of a quantity discount going for anyone who buys more than one.

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
trocar706 said:
I am down for one
Thanks, I'll get you added to the list.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Please put me down for one also.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts